Friday, April 10, 2009

Road Trip and ET Sightings

So, the plan was to head to NoVa for a long Easter weekend. Check out the cherry blossoms, have an Easter Egg hunt and spend time with Mommy's side of the family. Great Grandma Pat came down from Michigan to see me.

Mommy and I headed down on Thursday and I was an angel if I do say so myself. I slept peacefully until Mommy's Big Gulp ran its course and we stopped at the Maryland House for a potty break. Way too many people there for me to sleep through the detour. But, like a trouper, I kept my cool and checked out the scenery until we hit Rte 236 and I let Mommy know in no uncertain terms that I was FINISHED with the car trip. Three and a half hours of blissful quiet was enough for me and the last ten minutes were a little unpleasant.

As soon as we parked the car, we hopped out of the car and went to see Miss Dottie. Mommy used to babysit for her two daughters who are now in college and law school. I think this means that Mommy is getting older! She was so nice to me that I let her hold me and didn't fuss once. For those who know me, I don't normally take well to being in someone else's arms when Mommy is around. What a compliment to Miss Dottie!

Then Great Grandma Pat and Uncle Travis came home and we hung out with Joshua, the very friendly doggie. It was a great afternoon. Grandma Carol came home early and we all chilled. It was a long, but very good day!

On Friday, Grandma, Grandpa and Mommy thought about us visiting the Cherry Blossoms. But, we decided that traffic stinks and it wouldn't be so much fun. Grandpa came up with a great alternative. Oxon Hill Farm to visit with animals and check out their cherry blossom trees. Great idea!

When we got there I was surprised at how many plans whizzed overhead, but Grandpa explained that there was a military base near by and that the President always flies this way when I'm in town. I sure am a lucky duck. Either that or he's pulling my leg!

Here we are talking to the cows. They sure look big and strange from my vantage point.


Then is was off to the ducks and pigs so big they wouldn't fit in the camera lens. Let's check out the hungry horses. They were so intent on picking up each straw of hay I was scared they'd knock the feeder over onto me!

Can you see me under my sun hat, hoodie and big the size of my torso?


Remember Grandpa's great idea about the cherry blossoms? Here they are! What is it with Mommy putting me in trees? Two weekends in a row I find myself perched on a branch with no safety net.





You can't see them here, but we're checking out the goats and sheep. Super focused, huh?

No comments: