Monday, April 13, 2009

It's a Christmas Miracle

So, it was an interesting Monday morning. Went to the doctors for my nine month check up.

I'm 17 pounds, six ounces.
My head is 17.25 inches around.
I'm 27.25 inches long.

Oh, and the doctor said since I gained two pounds in four weeks without vomiting once that I've been cured. It seems that Mommy caught him writing in my permanent medical chart that I decided to start eating. Yogurt was my gateway food and it's been smooth sailing since.

Oh, the appointment went downhill from here. You see, at nine months they slice open your thumb and squeeze until enough drops of BLOOD fill up a tube the size of Oklahoma. Then, to throw salt on the wound, they don't allow band-aids. Something about being choking hazards to infants. As if! Picture me having a complete meltdown and Mommy with gauze applying pressure to my war wound. There was quite a lot of blood all over the place if you want to know the truth. We both won't be wearing these outfits again.

To futher the nine month check-up experience, once my finger clotted we headed off to injections. Yep, I got a big 'ole shot in each leg before they'd let me out of the building.

Good news is that I basically had no reaction to the shots. Woot!

PS- who knows what movie the title is from? What was one of the two movies that Mommy and Daddy watched on their second date and she annoyed him the whole time by saying the lines to the entire movie?

2 comments:

deevahgrl said...

Hmm, maybe "Miracle on 34th Street"...that would be up your mother's alley.

However, I'm more surprised she didn't use a quote from "Better Off Dead" or "Chess" (the musical).

This blog could easily have been called "Nobody's on nobody's side"

*busts up laughing*

Samantha said...

Winner- sort of! It is from Better Off Dead, which is totally up Mommy's alley.

I think your comment could have been "I know him (her) so well", which of course is from Chess!