Saturday, April 04, 2009

Reflecting and Remaining Upbeat

It can't be that three weeks has passed so quickly. It seemed like only yesterday that Mommy was getting us lost at Philly airport as we went to pick up AH and UB for a much anticipated visit.

So much has happened....
Mommy and Daddy ditched me for their first weekend getaway post me. Everyone loved that weekend. They got to sleep and I was Princess Samantha to AH and UB. If only Mommy and Daddy would go away more often!

I learned to love food. I mean really love food. Flounder, mushrooms, tabbouleh, chilean sea bass, grown-up peas, pancakes, waffles, muffins, bagels, yogurt. I'm exploring a bit more each day. You really don't want to be between me and Cheerios.

I learned how to crawl. And by crawl I mean chase people and animals and check things out on my own. Sweet freedom!

I dealt a huge blow to my formally increasing separation anxiety. I am much better about hanging out with people who are not my Mommy or Daddy.

I learned how to chase kitty-cat everywhere!

I learned how to crack an egg almost by myself. I also learned how to crush Corn Flakes to help make power bars for Mommy.

I learned how to pull myself into a standing position by myself!

I learned how to laugh and 'talk' all day long, much to the amazement/astonishment of those around me.

I learned how to wake up at 3am and get stuck in a sitting position.

I learned how to turn my Baby Einstein aquarium on in my crib. This is a great way to wake everyone else up.

I learned the word 'hot'. And practice saying it by going 'ha ha ha' over and over and over.

I learned that Mommy uses the word 'hot' when she doesn't want me to touch something. Since when is the tv remote control 'hot'? And she is supposed to be my mentor growing up. Sheesh!

I learned that the house next door is for sale. Raise your hand if you think AH and UB should move in. Me! Me! Me!

All too soon I heard Mommy telling AH that it was time to head out and I just wanted her to stop talking so it wouldn't be real. Put a fist in it Mommy!




Let's get one great photo of the three Krempas before we say our good-byes. Are we gorgeous?






So, since I can't stop her from leaving I'm going to focus on the positive. I fit in a carry-on bag.

No comments: