Friday, September 18, 2009

It's Happening

I'm growing up. Here's how it went down this week.

Miss Kim:
Please bring in shoes for Sam next week.

Mommy:
Huh?

Miss Kim:
She's getting much better about walking, so she can wear them next week and then the following week I'll take her outside to the playground. Oh, and the first week of October is time to transition to the sleeping mat. No more pack n play. She's going to be a tough cookie to break because of her routine of moving around before falling asleep.

Mommy:
What? I'm not ready to talk about transitioning to tods (toddlers to all you out there). Playground, fine. Sleeping on a mat, Sam's not going to go for that!

Miss Kim:
We'll help her out and pat her back until she falls asleep.

Mommy:
Good luck with that.

See, I'm a kicker and a mover arounderer. I'm pretty sure I'm a classic restless leg syndrome chick, but doctors don't buy that diagnosis at my age. Just you wait 'enry Higgins. You'll come around to my way of thinking soon enough.

So this weekend will be full of new shoe shopping and picking out a present for Miss Kim- who has a birthday on Monday. Yay!

No comments: