Saturday, September 12, 2009

Whoops!

I must have cursed myself. After a horrible night that kept Mommy, Daddy and two cats up for most of the night because I only wanted to be upright and playing, Mommy hopped on the phone with the pediatrician the second they opened and got a 9:30am appointment for a potential ear infection. She swore up and down that was the only reason I'd ever keep them from their beloved sleep. The diagnosis? Fluid still in that darned right ear, but that's not the cause. Swollen gums on the bottom indicate a possibility of teething. Yep, the very thing I said was never going to happen in my post earlier this week.

After the trip to see Dr. M, Mommy and I headed off to Main Street for Cranbury Day. We bought two duckies for the derby being held next month. I held mine tight and wished them good luck on race day.





We ran into Danny and he paused for a pose, while I continued absorbing the atmosphere.


We also saw the cutest doggies. Mommy wasn't swift enough with the camera to capture the lick, but this will do just fine.


Mr. Mulligan is running for office, so here is my first venture into the world of politics. Will I lean toward the right or left- taking sides in this family is always tricky, so I'll just keep my opinion to myself on this one!
Bridget and I visited with the robot and the folk singer before Mommy and I headed off for the much talked about crepes. Life is good!

After a long nap to catch up on missed sleep last night, we headed over to a playdate with two new friends. I was a bit shy at first, but they were so much fun that I warmed right up and had a great time.

Here we are at the table reserved for three, having our afternoon tea, I mean Cheerios. See how well Emily and Connor eat, while I take a second from my num nums to give Mommy a smirk for ruining the moment with her camera.

If we don't look at her, maybe she'll go away and we can play in peace.

I have a new love and his name is Connor. Seriously, who wouldn't want to be around this infectious smile everyday!
Emily puts bows in her hair and it looks tame and super cute. Same bow in my hair- don't even ask. Mommy didn't dare take a picture of that horror show, so you can settle for a pretty picture of Emily wondering why her bow isn't in its proper resting place, tending to her golden locks.
Emily and I are starting the spirit of friendly competition it seems. Both of us are inspired by women's golf. For now we're in toddler golf, but watch out because we've got coordination to spare. See? This baby was made for me.

I'm even color coordinated!
Just like the pros, I'm crouched down to line up the shot.
While Emily watches, smirking that she has better aim than I do. Turns out at this age that four months makes a HUGE difference in hand eye coordination. Can't wait to get a bit older and hit the back nine with my new buddy!
What a great play date, full of fun and friends. Can't wait for the next one!

No comments: