Friday, September 04, 2009

Porchfest, Tire Swings, Grass. Oh, My!

Yay for Grandma Burt! Mommy ran errands all day, while Grandma Burt took me on a walk around our yard and let me take all the naps and eat all the snacks I wanted.

When Mommy came home, she replaced my broken four wheeler. Daddy arrived home and raced to see his pride and joy-his John Deere. So, Grandma, Mommy and I tackled the front yard weeds. Yikes, they're everywhere! Turns out that, although I can't stand grass, I absolutely love the mini rocks that are used in the place of mulch in our flower beds. I count them. I try to eat them. I put them in my purse. Life is great!

Then, I heard Mommy suggest heading out to the last Porchfest for the summer and nearly jumped for joy. Daddy held back to set up our compost bins, but the ladies of the house thought about showers, rejected the thought and headed to town. We went to a great house with a barn and a view of about 100 acres of soybeans and corn. Did I mention they have a tire swing? Hot damn! After getting bored with Mommy, I headed over to Grandma for some action. She held my hand and we walked across a field of grass (my first time walking on grass ever!) to the child-filled tire swing. It was a picture perfect moment that had Mommy kicking herself for forgetting the family camera. I jumped right in the action, playing soccer, riding the tire swing and generally having fun with all the kids. I was sad to leave except for the whole bedtime thing.

Pictures tomorrow, I promise.

No comments: