Saturday, September 05, 2009

They Say It's Your Birthday, Mommy!



Today is Mommy's birthday, so it was her call for activities. Her choice? The ZOO! So, off we went to Philly where we got a chance to bond with the animals.


Where to first? Follow me, Mommy!

I went through the exhibit, fake smiled for some posed shots and then made a bee-line for the running water. And then practically jumped in until Daddy restrained me.



Then we did scouted out the corn fields and posed away. Boy, we Burts sure are cute!





For some reason that I choose not to share, I wasn't a fan of Mommy today. I swiped at her everytime she came looking for kisses or a photo shoot. That didn't stop Mommy from getting all up in my grill.

We went through great exhibits and had a so-so lunch. Seriously, who forgets a water bottle for a baby when it's 80 degrees outside? My Mommy! Thank goodness Daddy had packed a jarred fruit for me or I'd be a starving baby.
We then headed to the lion exhibit where I waved to all the live animals and then spotted my new favorite interest. A lovely spotted leopard. Outta my way, people. Here I come!


This here snow leopard is mine!


Look Ma, no hands! I'm a balance beamer in training.



This is a fall back to the first visit Grandma Burt made to come visit me and we had a staring contest. It's a whole new game since I can hold my own head up.


It's all mine and I'm not sharing!


I don't wanna leave! Mean Daddy!


Seriously- taking applications for new parents who will let me live at the zoo. Any takers out in the peanut gallery?



The makings of a great temper tantrumer, right here.


Walk, walk, Samantha, walk, walk.


My take on the zoo? The best part was the masked man cleaning a monkey cage and the stuffed snow leopard. Beyond that? Not so much.

After we went home, I had a kickin' nap time and then we had some play time in my bedroom. Go mega blocks!
With some coaching from Grandma Burt, I'm getting really close to being able to stack the mega blocks on my own. Watch out, I'm unstoppable!
I just love this chair. Turns out I left a Nuk in the folds of the chair. Score!
Since I hit my growth spurt, Mommy and Daddy have had to adjust their behavior. They are finding themselves putting things further and further from the edge of tables, dressers and such.
I wonder why?
It's not like caulk belongs on my dresser anyways.
Or this pesky notebook.
Now that my dresser is cleaned off, it's time to kick back in my personalized rocking chair.
Here's a bonus picture of me eating dinner so you can see how well my surgery scar is healing.
Grandma Burt stayed with me while Mommy and Daddy went to dinner. I'm sure I got the good end of the that deal. Dinner out with the parents or fun times with Grandma? That's a no brainer!

No comments: