Saturday, February 13, 2010

Primate Planet

Good morning! Daddy had to bust through a few decks- that's Powerpoint presentations for those not in the K-B loop, so Mommy and I bundled up really well and settled in for a nice ride down 95 to the Philly Zoo. Yep, we're hardcore zoo members.

We whizzed past the check-in gates and headed right to the Primate House, searching for warmth and distant cousins.

I found both. Here is one of the three gorrillas that spent quite a bit of time hanging out with me. Turns out that I'm no where near anything remotely intimidating so my new friends didn't seem to mind me at all. Including the little clay ones, courtesy of the art group's field trip to make clay animals.


Off to the gibbon and Orangutan dwelling. The gibbon looked so funny everytime she walked that I'd say 'uh-oh' and for some reason everyone laughed at me but not the gibbon. Strange people!


And the mother of all shots is before you. It was totally worth it skating through the Big Cats exhibit with practically zero animals out for viewing. Hello Tiger! He was so close to me that I swear he wanted to lick my cheeks and give me a big hug.


By now it was super freezing at 25 degrees outside and we headed to the next indoor exhibit for lunch and time to thaw out. After a great lunch I decided that if I hid under the bench then I could move into the zoo.



It didn't work and sadly we headed home.


I was so bummed out this is all the enthusiasm I could muster for 'if you're happy and you know it shout hooray'.



No comments: