Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Eve, Samantha Style

I'm not sure what screams Christmas Eve more than getting totally spoiled from the moment you wake up until the moment you go to sleep. I'm here to tell you that Christmas Eve is amazing and I totally love being spoiled.

AH and UB kicked off the morning by taking me to one of their favorite pancake restaurants. They were super tasty. I ate them by the fistful, literally!


Then we headed to my little heaven on earth- Target. We walked all around and I had a blast checking out a different Target.

Then we were back to work, building houses in this economy sure isn't easy but we were up to the task!
I take quality control on my building materials very seriously.
Very seriously.
Very, very seriously.
Pass!
After all that "quality control" my hands were sure sticky. The things I do for my trade. Time to wash up!
Maybe I've found my calling in construction. This is a blast!
Score!
UB came to investigate all the giggling and cheering going on in the kitchen and came to investigate. He was soon sucked into our party. The more the merrier!
Time to clean up again!
Who knew getting clean could be so much fun?
Mommy totally needs to learn AH's tricks of the Mommy and Teacher's trades. AH sure knows how to make life super fun.
Mommy wasn't sure what to do with my newfound appreciation for quality control. This is the first time I've ever really eaten candy in any substantial quantity. Oh, well. It's my Christmas Eve and I should be spoiled rotten.
Wowsers. What is this whole gravity thing and why is it making my roof decorations slide to the ground?
Nothing a little "glue" can't fix!
Gosh, we make a high quality, colorful house!
Here we are making a mini house for Mommy to live near me. I'm taking the mother-in-law suite to a whole new level.
But I'm making sure it's pretty. Thanks for spotting the construction, UB!

Mommy spent most of this time asking if I was hungry. My reply? "Not now, maybe later. Okay?" We also practiced spelling my name. Sammy, with a 'y'. In fact, make that two of them. Sammyy. Looks good to me!

I'm also into putting my own socks on. It's going as well as you can imagine.

After such an eventful morning I had a great nap before heading to the park. Can you tell this swing is my current favorite?
Can you imagine how old this turtle must be to get this big?
Since it's Friday, I simply insisted on pizza. With lots and lots of buttered bread, of course! The interesting twist on dinner? My tushie had a minor rash so I repeated over and over, very loudly, that I needed diaper cream because my tushie hurts. Note to others, nothing gets attention more than screaming this statement in a family restaurant. Thankfully, Daddy and UB ran home and picked up my beloved diaper cream and all was fixed quickly. Dinner was awesome. Pizza is the best and pizza with family is even better!
Back home I was so hopped up on butter that I ran around the house. Mommy loves my facial expression on this picture and I can't disagree. I'm cute no matter what!
Can't wait for tomorrow!

PS- I made the snowman dance, so much! I just love him. Except when he dropped on my foot and I cried. Momy asked me if I could stop crying long enough to answer a question and then go back to crying. I was stunned at her lack of sensitivity and stopped crying long enough to digest her question, answer and promptly went back to crying.

PPS- Daddy put me to bed and we cuddled since I reallly have them over a barrel. With the ability to get right out of bed, I find myself getting a little extra attention these days to make sure I actually go to sleep. Mommy walked by to hear me saying, "No, I love your ear". Jealous Mommy, me thinks!

No comments: