Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Polar Express, Day 3

When I woke up this morning I found Mommy gone, so I rolled over and stared at Daddy sleeping on the other bed. I called out softly, "Daaaaddddyyyyy". Daddy bought himself some more time by, keeping his eyes closed, asking if I wanted to come cuddle in his bed or if he could come cuddle in mine. Not wanting to be too nice, I chose my bed and he slowly opened his eyes to come see me and found me standing upright bouncing on my bed. Sucker! He did come over and I lied down next to him and put my arm on him and rested my other hand on his cheek. Merry Christmas, Daddy. I sure love you!

The only downside of the morning for Mommy and Daddy? I'm totally in the 'I do it myself' stage, only I can't. You try to put mittens on by yourself. Nearly impossible. But I won't let anyone help me. It's frustrating for everyone, let me tell you.

When I snapped out of grouch mode, Mommy asked me to do something helpful and I replied, "of course, I'd be happy to". That's our code for acknowledging Happy Samantha has returned to Planet Earth.

How do you entertain a toddler who is desperate to go home? Make her part of the hotel check out process. Literally. I totally forgot my homesickness while riding up and down the hallways in the much coveted bellman's cart.


And then stop at the reindeer park on the way back. Boy, these reindeer knew exactly what they wanted and how to get it. I won't even talk about the deer nose prints on the seat of Mommy's pants that took a serious scrubbing to fade enough for her to wear them again. They pushed their way to the food cups and darn near ate my mittens right off my hands as I fed them.
Here I am mid-reload.
Before I knew it the vacation within a vacation was over. Bummer! But, thankfully there was a second part of the vacation- back at AH and UB's. Here I am teaching Grandpa how the iPad works while Daddy snickers at the irony of me not being potty trained but knowing how to work electronics.
Wahoo- Christmas, part 2. Sweet! I'm getting really good at opening presents.
Wowsers, Grandma and Grandpa got me so really cool racing cars.
And a carrying case with my name on it.
Vroom vroom!
Time to wrap baby doll up in her blankie.
See how well I cuddle baby dolls? I'm totally going to make an awesome big sister.
Bring on my baby sister!
This is such a super cute picture of me I simply can't resist sharing it with you.
And this one, too.
Rule #1 in toddler world- never travel from from Daddy.
After such a great day up in Polar Express-land, seeing the reindeer and then having Christmas with Grandma and Grandpa it was time to wind down for the night and watch one episode of Barney before saying good-bye to Grandma and Grandpa. They had to head back to California and check on their house to make sure it's safe from all the rain. Good luck and I'll sure miss you!

No comments: