Sunday, December 19, 2010

Traveling With A Toddler

A couple of observations about traveling today.

  • Daddy is a super traveler when he does it alone. With us, he's super uptight until we get past the security lines.
  • Speaking of, security lines simply suck.
  • The best loved toy, the one that keeps me most entertained, will certainly break before the plane takes off. In this case, it was the toy that spins and lights up when I push its button.
  • Newark's Terminal C has a section with good food choices and a section with lousy food choices. Flying to Arizona leaves from the bad food part.
  • A five hour flight is long for adults and even longer for a toddler.
  • Sky Harbor airport is no where near the car rental place.
  • Mini vans have super cool buttons that open and close the side doors.
  • There are limited food options between the airport and AH and UB's house.
  • We went to a fast food place and I snacked on french fries and milk.
  • All expiration dates should be checked when drinking milk at a fast food place.
  • After arriving at destination a bazillion hours after leaving home is guaranteed to make for a fussy and tired toddler. Way too much commotion in one day.
  • Mommy held me and I told her my belly hurt. She asked what I meant, so I vomited all over her, me and the floor. Crystal clear now, right?

No comments: