Wednesday, December 15, 2010

No Fuss!

Mommy picked me up from school today, which is totally normal. What wasn't normal at all is that Daddy happened to finish a meeting in his company's new building and he stopped by school to give me quick hugs and kisses. Mommy totally ignored the car until he honked and got her attention. Seriously, Mommy. How could you miss handsome Daddy?

Then it was off to the library. We have a quick, standard pact we make in the car before actually going into the library. It goes something like this.

Samantha, when Mommy says it's time to leave, we have to leave with no fussing.
No fuss.
I mean it.
I mean it. (Of course I don't, but I certainly can't tell Mommy that BEFORE we get into the library or I'd be forever stuck with my book collection in the car.)

Of course I played mouse on the computer. The library got the super cool touch screens and it opened up a world of freedom for this here independent toddler. I can pick my game, start and stop it on my own and then play to my hearts content. If only I could tolerate the headphones to actually hear what the game is trying to tell me.

I'm getting pretty good at shapes. I move shapes to the outlined shapes in a picture and when I'm finished a pretty picture appears. My favorites are duck, train, butterfly and castle. I love guessing which picture the shapes will make, but truthfully it's not the same challenge it was when I was younger.

We headed out with minimal commotion at 6pm. I dutifully waved good-night to the firehouse and then informed Mommy that I was tired and wanted a nap. She explained that it was too close to bedtime for a nap, so I asked to go to bed early. I am totally a dream toddler, right?

We ate a tasty dinner and I hunkered down for Barney. Then off to bed I went. Mommy came back a few minutes later to get something out of her room and I was busted. I stripped down to nothing. And I do mean NOTHING. Naked Samantha here. Nice to meet you!

No comments: