Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Polar Express, Day 2

Today is the big day, the very event that we've been looking forward since February. Well, at least Mommy and Daddy have. Mommy and I woke up bright and early and ran around until it was the normal hour of 8am and joined the rest of the family for a great breakfast at a local restaurant.

Gotta bundle up since it's a whopping 20-some degrees outside. Thankfully, I have my trusty blue hat that I picked out all by myself a few weeks ago.

I see you. No, I see you. Yeppers, Uncle Bob is great at this game!
When everyone was ready we headed straight to Bearizona for some animals up close and personal. Much easier to see the animals perched on Grandma's lap. We saw bison, arctic wolves, gray wolves, bighorn sheep, mountain goats, dall sheep and BLACK BEARS! The bears were right up near our mini van and we saw them chasing after their special Christmas cookies. Those bears could really move.
At the end of the driving tour we got out and toured their mini zoo like exhibit and even ran into Aunt Katie's friend with her family. Imagine them and my grandparents driving all the way from Southern California just to ride the Polar Express. How cool!

Anyhoo, here's yet another Daddy and me picture. He's looking at the camera and I'm totally focused on the super cool black bear cubs. They were super playful and I'm pretty sure they wanted me to join in the fun with them but Daddy laid down the law on that invite.

Mommy took me to the gift shop and I ended up with a super cool bear tattoo and stuffed black bear. It's great being cute and spoiled!
How many Daddy and me shots does this bring the count to?
Great family shot with Mr. Bear!
Then we headed home so I could nap and then it was time for Daddy to give me a bath since Mommy and the group headed to Flagstaff to visit a museum that ended up being closed - darn those budget cuts closing state run entertainment every Tuesday!

Mommy came home to find me looking super cute with my hair in pigtails and belly in pajamas. Of course I couldn't pry my eyes away from the snow long enough for a really good Mommy and me picture. Maybe next year.
We headed over to Bob's Big Boy for dinner where I had eggs yet again. Turns out eggs and bread are the only two things I'll eat at restaurants these days.
I entertained everyone by giving Daddy egg coated kisses.
And telling him over and over how much I loved him.
Then, before I knew it, the time had come for the big event. I thought it warranted my sunglasses even though it was 6pm and the sun had gone night-night some time ago.

Can you imagine me, years from now, headed down the stairs to greet my dates. Daddy will be up in my grill then, too.
After waiting in line in the cold, dark, rainy night it was finally time to come aboard the Polar Express. And, boy, was I ready for some fun! So was Mommy. Check out this first ever published photo of baby sister straight on.
And me wiping off the kisses that Mommy piled on. I kept telling her, "I no want kisses" but she was just as diligent in ignoring my request.

We're moving!

This is way cool!
And I'm way cute!
Here comes Santa Claus!
He's a comin'!
But he's not spending all his time with me!!
Oh, he's bringing me a bell. That perked me right up.
I was so excited to see Santa that I bounced out of Daddy's lap and into the aisle to dance around.
And promptly wore myself out. Time zones are hard on a toddler. Mommy found room in her shrinking lap to cuddle me.

Boy, Santa is taking a long time talking to the other kids. Doesn't he know I have a bedtime schedule to adhere to?
After I saw Santa I pooped right out.


What an amazing day. Thanks Grandma, Grandpa, Aunt Helen and Uncle Bob for coming all this way to help my this trip even more special!

No comments: