Monday, December 20, 2010

Polar Express, Day 1

Thankfully, I woke up feeling much better. Did I mention it was my first night in a big girl bed and I didn't even fall off? Sweet. I'm totally ready for my next adventure.

Oh, and I am totally diggin' my vantage point. I know Mommy and Daddy were a bit hesitant to
succumb to the ways of live with a mini van, but this is amazing and I want one of my own. What? I'm not old enough for my own car? Lemme have your keys!

Meanies! Guess I'll settle for riding in style. Sheep in a Shop? Check. Super cute green sunglasses? Check. Belly popping out from under my shirt? Double check!
How do these things work?
After a three hour drive we made it from Phoenix all the way to Williams and I was ready to run around. Mommy and her belly rule the roost so we decided to grab some food. Sadly, there was no Samantha friendly food, but there were hallways for me to race around. Thankfully, Grandpa was willing to be my buddy while Mommy fed baby sister, her excuse that I seem to hear every two hours these days.
Ready, set, go!
After refueling, it was time to check out the trains. After all, that's why we were there, right?
Samantha, the conductor. Sounds good to me. Daddy lift me up so I can reach the buttons.
Behold a super cute family shot with everyone looking at the camera AND smiling at the same time. It's a Christmas miracle!
Beware, Mommy was all about pictures this trip and since she's so fat she's taking more and more Daddy and Samantha shots. Even when we say, 'no pictures'.
Mommy's Aunt Nancy totally remembers that Mommy loved eating butter by the stick when she was growing up. Turns out this apple didn't fall far from the tree. Bread is okay, but it's better suited as a vehicle for asking for more and more butter. If only you knew the butter to bread ratio on this mouthful, you'd puke a little.
Forget this masquerade. Just give me the butter straight up.

Me minus a nap and any food resembling tasty equals a tired, grouchy toddler. Daddy was a champ and tried everything, as proven by said photo below of him reading one of my favorite stories.
Sadly, misbehaved toddler won out in the end. Where does she come from anyways? Mommy scooped me up and took me straight back to the room and we shared the big girl bed. I was all better once I got Mommy and me quiet time and got to watch Tom and Jerry on the Cartoon Network. Oh, how I miss my DVR!

No comments: