Saturday, December 03, 2011

Bring On The Cheese- Meet The Cutest Mouse In The House

The day has finally arrived- my very first recital. The nutcracker will never be the same. We went to rehearsal super early this morning and it was my first time in a costume for longer than one minute and it was even better than I remembered it!

Daddy caught this momentous occasion on camera.  I'm the second mouse from the left. You know, the one who isn't in step at any point during the song and who doesn't jump the cheese.





After our rehearsal, it was time to pick our tree. The kind where Daddy gets all huffy and does an army crawl on the ground with a dull saw and cut the tree down.  Yeppers, I made sure to pick the widest tree with the most girth.
I think Mommy was the only one excited about this adventure.  Can we say alpacas?

Didn't believe my army crawl description?  Need I say more?


We didn't really plan ahead and spent many frustrating minutes attaching this sucker to our car.  The whole mile ride home we devised a plan to get an artificial tree next year.  After an awesome nap, it was time to head over to the recital.  Mommy was a room mother and she made sure we had all the space we needed to focus..... on Dora.  Thank goodness for DVD players!


Getting ready to go on!


Just a tiny bit nervous.
Can you see it on my face?  I might not be a good poker player when I'm older.

But I'll make a darned cute mouse for now and that's all that matters!


How'd I do?  About as great as the rehearsal.  Which means I rocked it better than any family member could imagine.  Even Chrissy cheered me on. Daddy took her home right after my number but I stayed the whole time, munching on snacks to keep me going.  Really, is there anything better than eating snacks and watching movies way past your bedtime???

No comments: