Saturday, November 21, 2009

Family Field Trip

What else is there to do on a beeeuuteeful fall Saturday morning in November besides head to the park? Can't think of a darned thing can you? Well, neither can I. So, I pushed aside all thoughts of my bum right ear and hunkered into my carseat for the 1.4 mile trip to the super cool park. The best part of the day, you ask? Daddy and Mommy spending it with me!

Hmmm, just what is the best way to navigate the slide today?


On my belly with only one shoe on, of course!


I share with you my aspirations. One day I will be able to climb up to the slides this way. Until then it's stair city, baby!


Like Frankenstein, must get to swings now!


After sufficiently wearing out the slide and swings it was time for some quality time at the picnic benches. Daddy is super funny and I can't seem to stop laughing whenever he talks to me.


A quick note from the historian in me. You see my life has been a bit off kilter these days. I'm stuck on my side while the hydrogen peroxide/water mixture attacks the germies in my right ear, then need to remain equally still for another round of antibiotic drops plopped into my hearing horns to then asborb into my tubes. For those of you who have ever met a budding toddler, you can imagine that sitting still for over 30 minutes a day is a monumental challenge that should not be attempted by the weak at heart. Thank goodness Daddy is there to entertain me while Mommy holds me. We do a lot of 'Daddy sharing a pillow with Samantha' and 'finger touch' and 'high fives' and 'fist bumps' and practicing body parts. You can certainly cover a lot of ground in 30 minutes when you're lying down in a wrestler's hold. I sure hope to be better soon. On a bright note, I have slept through the night every night since my surgery!




No comments: