Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Starving Samantha -Sadly Successful

I'll keep this quick because I'm recovering, but thought I'd share that surgery went well. As expected, the happy juice worked wonders, but being a pro didn't help the situation because I knew what was a comin'. On a positive note, it was just the gas mask and no IV was in sight or in my arm. Yay for this uplifting tidbit.
Here I am in the toyless waiting room. This blows.
Then I was called to the totally-not-kid-friendly pre-op room. Not a happy camper.
At least Mommy thought in advance to bring a pen along for me to play with.
And the happy juice kicked in pretty quickly.
Not sure who had more fun- Daddy or me!

After the surgery I screamed my head off until they let Mommy and Daddy hold me. They learned what anyone who knows me already knew- when I'm in need of comfort, walk me around and let me look outside.

Mommy poo-pooed the whole clear liquid diet after surgery crap and honed right in on the whole wheat bagel with cream cheese and my trusty whole wheat pita with garlic hummus. Then the nurses couldn't believe how quickly I calmed down. Mommy must have been an awesome nurse in a pre-Samantha lifetime.

Home we went with a mandatory stop at Chipotle to recharge the good ole' batteries. Then it was nap time! After we woke up it was time to get back to surgery schedules- Mommy and I headed to the park while Daddy mowed the lawn. Ahh, tradition in the Krempa-Burt home!

After the park Mommy and I needed some quiet time (the park was filled with about 17 kids who were super energetic and loud) so we drove up and down every street in Mayberry (including a respite to watch a huge tractor thing take down a farm field and fill a humungo truck full of either corn or soy beans). Four minutes later we found the most amazing park in Mayberry, if not the entire northeast corridor. This baby had slides that made Mommy nervous. I laughed everytime we went down the slide and begged for more, you know- just what the doctor ordered!

Update- this is way worse than the tumor surgery because I felt icky all day and my grumpiness was evident to more than just me. Then, to top of the crapper of a day, Mommy and Daddy pinned me down (think wrestle mania) and forced antibiotic drops in each ear and expected me to take them lying down for five minutes on each side. Between the surgery stuff and the six teeth (two are molars!) coming in at once, I feel strongly that I must use adult language twice in one post. Crappers!

No comments: