Sunday, November 15, 2009

Weekend In Review

So, the weekend started off great. Daddy picked me up from school and then took me on 'Operation Tire Samantha Out', which meant a Daddy and me trip to Target. I swear I could map out the aisles in my sleep. That's how much I go there, seriously! Mommy went on her second GNO in two weeks. Hope this turns into a trend. I sure love my quality time with Daddy!


Saturday morning was fun except for the whole bath thing. Something about company coming and not being allowed to smell. Good thing Mommy and Daddy took charge because when company came, they brought me a super cool shopping cart loaded with goodies. Can you imagine if I smelled so badly that Toni turned around and left right away? The girls (that's Toni, Mommy and me!) hung out in the family room while Chef Daddy made us a decked out lunch. Cooking skills are a requirement that is totally making it in my match.com profile as soon as I'm old enough to have an account of my own.

We had a blast! Toni is such a great friend and amazing company. She was so much fun that she wore me out and I had to take two naps on a Saturday. Wowsers!

Sunday morning and it's off to the races. I mean park, silly. Daddy headed to workland and we headed to slide heaven.
I tried to go to work with Daddy, even sitting properly in the front seat, minus the seat belt and that whole pesky illegal thing.

I say if you're going to laugh in the face of the law, then go whole hog. Here I am trying to hop in the drivers seat with Daddy.
Here's one last push for keys to the car before Daddy booted me out and sent me on my way as he went to workland.

Thank goodness I ditched his Daddy butt and headed to the park because it was a gorgeous day. Here I am just about to head down the slide, not aware of what I'm about to get myself into.


Too bad it rained cats and dogs last night and everything was covered in puddles of water. Mommy laughed way too hard as I tried to climb up the super slippery slide and kept falling and finding myself back at the bottom of the slide. After I was covered in dirt and water we went home to clean up and take a nap. Why you ask? Because the afternoon was reserved for play date time!
Connor, Emily and I had such a blast on our play date. We hung out on the riding lawn mower and ran around the house like the rascals we are. It was awesome, I tell ya! Daddy was equally unexcited as we were excited about all the toys that make lots and lots of loud noise. Three to one, baby! Once again Mommy screwed up and, in all the fun, forgot to take pictures until Connor had gone and we were totally winding down from all the excitement.

Here I am taking a break from all the fun to have a well-rounded, face covering meal.







Yes, I just tested out my gross motor skills by letting yogurt pour ever so beautifully from the container to my outfit.
Emily's Daddy is super talented as puppeteers go. Don't let Mommy's lack of photography skills skew your take on this super fun moment.
How does Paul Revere's 'one if by land, two if by sea' factor into choosing between a fish and a moose?



Before I knew it night had fallen and Connor and Emily were whisked away to their own cribs. Sure hope we have another play date soon!

No comments: