Monday, November 16, 2009

Preparation For Operation Starve Samantha

Can you say super rough night? Samantha didn't sleep. Mommy didn't sleep. Daddy didn't sleep. Kitty-cat? Perfectly content in the basement. At least one of us was lucky!

Daddy was a real trooper and took First Samantha shift and then Mommy took Second Samantha Shift. I was on deck for both shifts- pooper!
Shift duty included the requisite string cheese to soothe my gums along with my trusty pacifier to hold on to just in case.
Hey, at least one of the bunch can smile at 2am. Thank goodness its me!
And after a restful sleep it's time to welcome the day once again, which brings me to part two of today's post-----

Yeppers, it's that time again. Mommy takes the day off work to spend with me, but really she's just trying to keep me from catching any germs at school right before I go under the knife. Seriously, with all these surgeries you'd think that I'd come back with the best nose job around. But, nooooo. This time no one is even going to SEE the fruits of Dr. E's labor. So, at midnight tonight I'm going to be woken up and forced to eat and drink plenty and then deprived of all comforts in the morning as we prepare for the journey to New Brunswick for me to get tubes in my ears.

Of course the camera is coming along for the ride. Of course I'm wearing my "I may be little, but I'm tough" outfit!

PS- this day off from school included a trip to the doctor where Dr. D confirmed that I have a boatload of non-infected fluid in each ear, my four top front teeth coming in AND my top molars starting to push through. And then they talked about my foul mood. As if! (The consensus was to plow me with Tylenol and know I'm going to be a bear tonight- and hoping that the tubes work wonders so I can just focus on my power teething spurt I seem to have found myself in.)

PPS- Who makes a baby skip breakfast and schedule surgery for 9:45am? Seriously annoyed by this whole thing!

No comments: