Friday, November 27, 2009

Guest Of Honor, Sort Of

For the first time ever, the blog is going to feature Mayberry's most conservative citizen. How did this come to be? I step back a moment to lead up to this interesting development.

We accepted Bridget's kind invitation to spend the turkey holiday with her family and headed over after my very long nap (yes the morning involved a trip up and down every aisle in ShopRite to tire me out-it's the baby version of a treadmill!) and hunkered down in front of all the super cool toys.
As you well know, I am obsessed with chairs. Any kind, any place. Put me in the same room with a pink bucket chair just my size and I'm a goner.
Why must chairs me so difficult to get into?
Finally, I can plop my tush down and rest in the glory that this here beauty of a chair is all mine!

We had a blast playing dolls and later moved onto some live action- yeppers, I'm talking about their super cool dog Torrie. Then we played a super challenging game of hide-n-seek, Bridget style. What does this mean? Well, in her excitement to find her older brother she grabbed my hand and ran to Danny. I'm pretty sure my shoulder left its socket for a good four seconds as I flew (literally) down the hallway in pursuit of bragging rights for finding Danny.

We then plopped down at the table with the intention of eating all turkey in sight. Yummy! We missed Bridget's cousin this year because she is spending the year in Australia. So, for the first time ever, I skyped! And I liked it! Mommy was a little distressed about the peep show. You see, I showed my bare belly button to an entire continent down south- all without prompting from anyone else. I was immediately told that a paper route was the most honorable way to save money for college.

After an amazing dinner (thank you Bridget's family!) we headed home to bed. Without the camera, I must note. When Mommy picked it up she found that her camera had many more pictures taken than she remembered. In honor of keeping the holiday going, I bring you some great pictures of events that happened long after the Burts left the party.


This here is a photo taken by Bridget's very funny Daddy. This is the only person I've ever known in my whole seventeen months who can set himself on fire while powerwashing a deck. He is my ultimate hero!


There were many other pictures taken, but I'll spare you the potty and the potty humor...

I leave you with someone near and dear to my heart. I know her nose as well as I know my own. Meet Torrie!

So to all my family and friends, I hope your Thanksgiving was as amazing as mine was.

No comments: