Saturday, May 22, 2010

C Is For COOKIE

What an awesome day- the weather is great and everyone is in great moods. We woke up early and went right to the garden shop where we picked out the essentials and the non-essentials.  We're in round two of dill growing efforts.  Fingers crossed!

After a morning of solid gardening and then a restful nap it was time to head over to Terhune for some good ole' fashioned strawberry pickin'.  We'll see how that goes.  We all know how much I dislike fruit, especially berries!

Thankfully our play date was running a bit late- super good slumber!- so we ran over to the tractors and I hopped right on. This is so much fun!



Beep! Beep!  Outta my way, suckers!



What is that I see?  A bigger tractor freed up?  I'm on it!



Literally.



Worth every bit- this is so amazing!



Woah- I totally attract cute dudes everywhere I go.  This here stud muffin took a likin' to me and offered to push me around.



See the breeze running through my ever growing hair.  This is awesome, I tell ya!



Then it was time to head over to the animals.  No trip to Terhune is complete without seeing ducks.  Quack! Quack!


Mommy, don't you see them?



If only you could read my mind .



After all this fun we decided to head over to the shop where Mommy wanted to sneak a cider donut past me.  Did I pull one over on her.  We walked in and I immediately went to the display to the right, pointed up and said as clear as a bell- "cookie".  Mommy was so shocked I knew what the word was that she said yes before she had time to think about it.  Snickerdoodle Score!

Then we headed over to the bench and pet the doggie and kitty-cat with the left hand and snacked with the right.  Yeppers, I'm multi-talented!  Right about the time we finished Connor arrived and we hugged like old friends and headed over to the strawberry patch.

We are super selective in our pickin's.


Connor is quality control.  And don't even bother, he doesn't take bribes.  And, I'm quality ham in the background laughing at Mommy with the camera. 



Samantha on a mission- check!



I do it! I do it! Me!


I did it!  BTW- yucky.  Strawberries are sticky when you squeeze them.  Oops!



No, Mommy.  I can carry the basket myself.  So what if I spill one, two or ten?  It's not like I was going to eat them anyways!



Then it was time to show Connor just how much fun tractors can be.  Hooray!

I really had a blast.


Beep! Beep!  Let's come back really soon!



After all this fun you'd think that the fun police would reel us in, but nopers.  We headed over to Connor's house where his amazing Mommy made us the most amazing meal.  While she prepped we played with lots of toys and danced and sang to bluegrass music.  It was such a blast! Connor's Mommy  served a whole fish (complete with its head still attached!), duck and chicken along with a bazillion tasty veggies.  It was health nut haven and Mommy loved every minute of it. Then they surprised us with super yummy cupcakes from Crumbs Bakery in NYC.  I have a boyfriend for life after this amazing date!

No comments: