Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Sixth Sense

After being picked up from school early this afternoon I found out two things.

1. Mommy is super protective of my well-being.
2. Mommy is a bit of a weirdo.

I discovered that she went to the head of school to ask for 'encouragement' in my trying to eat the nasty things you call fruit and veggies.

Throwing salt on that fresh, embarrassing wound I found myself at the doctors today.  Why, you ask?  To confirm that I'm teething, have standard, run of the mill bug bites and have lymph nodes where they should be.

Seriously!

Dr. R walked into the room and said, "Samantha, what bring you here today?"
I looked at him with all my might and transferred this message, "Mommy is a bit wacko"
He received the message loud and clear the second she voiced her concerns.

Yes, I'm teething and my drool gives me a bit of a rash around my mouth.

Yes, I have normal bug bites on my head.

Yes, the bump on my head is a lymph node that is probably fighting bug bites said mentioned above.  He even threw her a curveball and showed her a matching lump on the other side of my head.

She responded by asking him to check my throat since strep is going around.  I was totally normal.

She upped the ante by asking him to check my ears.

Then, as we packed up she asked if all pediatricians share stories of Mommies like her at the dinner table.  Dead serious he replied, "Yes, but we always change the names."

Back home we hung out with Liz and when I fussed out we went downstairs to look at pictures.  I looked at each one carefully and said, "I see me."

Maybe with my supernatural talents I can figure out how to telepathically tell people to ignore Mommy's silliness.

No comments: