Saturday, May 01, 2010

Burts Bustin' Butts

We welcomed Joe back this morning and Mommy sent him straight to my room to fix the window.  Turns out a stripped screw came loose and prevented my casement window from cranking shut.

Then he set off to modify the vanity so it would work in our powder room.  Mommy and I pulled weeded and cleaned up the maple tree helicopters that wandered onto our driveway.  I am such a good helper, putting them in the back to clean up.  We also painted the driveway with magic paint, blew bubbles and made chalk art.

Daddy planted the rest of his veggies and Mommy planted Gladiolas between the rose bushes by the detached garaged.   My contribution?  Keeping the swing in good working order and ensuring the slide safety for tomorrow's play date with Connor and John.

This house is a bustin' with busy bees, huh?

Joe spent five hours on the powder room before throwing in the towel and headed out to Cape May- his escape from all the work he's doing to our house.  Joe is practically family and Mommy won't let him retire until all our big projects are done.

But Mommy wouldn't let him leave until he loaded up his truck with all sort of big trash that was hiding in the bonus room.  Shower doors, remodel trash, boxes, kitchen tables- seriously! Mommy is obsessed with trash removal and it's kind of embarrassing.

Wanna see pictures of the amazingly  busy day?  Thought so! 

Here I am fresh off the turnip truck and into Daddy's wheel barrow for moving veggie plants from the car to the garden.  I'm keeping the plants from jumping overboard.



And failing miserably to keep them upright. They're too much fun to rock.


Where is the seatbelt?


Everyone needs some sustenance.  Goldfish fit the bill every time.  Here I am hamming it up with Daddy.


You might think I'm grimacing but this here is the biggest smile I've got.


Curious about the bathroom facelift? It's coming along slowly but surely.


I can't really tell you what I'm thinking lest I might end up in a timeout.  I can hint that I'm not in the mood to leave the fun and take a nap.


Darn it.  Nap won out.  Thankfully I arose totally rested, freshly dressed and ready for John Deere time with Daddy.

No comments: