Sunday, May 23, 2010

System Overload- In A Good Way!

Mommy and I woke up early this beautiful Sunday morning.  Shocking, I know.  The difference was Mommy decided to be extra nice to Daddy and leave him be.  So, the girls went to the local diner where we found ourselves hanging out with the experienced crowd. It was so much fun to know that everyone there adored me because I reminded them of their grandchildren at home.  Someone else's home as they quickly cheered when I screamed so loudly that the church down the street prayed for peace.  Mommy sheepishly turned around to see all eyes focused on us and smiled back at then and said "I'm so sorry!"  Thankfully, they all understood the happenings of a toddler and peace was restored.

Interestingly enough our seat mates happened to be our neighbors and we met them for the first time.  They are super nice and their son, the town's famed spinach farmer lives behind them and their daughter, my future bus driver, lives beside them.  She is also the proud owner of horses and chickens.  Yay!   Miss Ellen (the daughter) came over to our house a few hours later to bring us gorgeous flowers from her garden and introduce herself.  We asked about the animals and she kindly invited us over.  

They have three great dogs, a bunch of cuddly chickies and Jezebel- a gorgeous horse they brought out just for me to see.  I feel so super special!  And they super kindly let me sit on the horsie, who was super busy filling her belly so she didn't even notice all 28 pounds of me on her back.  

Me, on the other hand?  Totally freaked out to be riding a horse with no saddle and no lessons.



Woah, horsie!


This isn't so bad with Daddy here.  What a Daddy!


This is super cool!  I can't believe how lucky I am to live in such a great, friendly town!


Woah- official system overload.  They have hammocks.  One for the family and one for me!



I'm really thinking I need to fit this here hammock in my pocket and rush home right now.  This is one of the greatest inventions ever!



As if the day couldn't get any better, after we went back home Daddy whipped out the chalk and took us outside.  And Roger even joined us!



So I gave him all the lovin' I could.  He is the bestest outdoor cat a toddler could ask for.  How many kitties are cool like this?



And he's so pretty, too.



Daddy, this is how you draw outlines of my feet.



Wah-La!


Do you really think it's going to rain?  But, what will happen to my artwork?  Life really isn't fair!


At least I can eat my egg shaped chalk.  What?  It's not really an egg.  Crappers.



This here toddler is the happiest on the block!

No comments: