Monday, May 31, 2010

Memorial Day

After such a great day yesterday, it was high time to continue this wonderful streak.  We headed straight out to the garden and greeted our corn and beloved outdoor cat, Roger.  I have the magic touch with animals, don't I?  See the careful way I scratch the top of his head.  He thinks I'm awesome!



After some bonding, it was high time to jump on the glider.  I'm so great at swings these days that I no longer need Mommy or Daddy to sit with me.



And I love it!

 After great fun I headed off to a super early nap.  Why?  Not sure.

Wait- after my nap I realized we were headed to the Memorial Day parade party at our friend's house. We carefully set our chairs out to watch all the parade participants.  I hunkered down with my snacks and felt my curls take hold in protest of the humidity.  It's going to be a long summer!



Despite the heat, Mommy grabbed me for a photo op.  I couldn't have cared less, can you tell?


Then I realized that the parade participants threw candy for us.  



And I got really excited and started to wave like crazy in hopes to call attention to myself and snag some treats.



Gosh I'm cute- cuteness works.  Check out my new lolly pop.


Enough sitting down, this toddler wants candy!



Here is a wave in action.  Imagine my surprise when I saw my neighbor horse, Jezebel, coming down the street.  I rode Jezebel last week and this week she is the star of the parade.  Too bad I missed a great photo op.


After the parade ended I headed inside to cool off.  And I discovered the finer points of dress up.  Here I am with Bridget, my schoolmate and dear friend.



 Try not to get all tangled up.


I wasn't having much luck.


 Ack- it's attacking me!


Maybe I should be moving onto safer things, like bracelets.


Soon I was ready for camping.  Mommy's not a camper but Daddy is.  That's my Daddy with me. He rocks!


What an amazing day!



No comments: