Monday, May 17, 2010

Farmer Samantha

I felt so badly for Mommy getting so little sleep lately that I quietly played in my crib until 6:30 this morning.  Usually I'm up and at 'em around 5:30 so this was a special exception in deed.  We were running a little behind schedule but we threw schedules to the wind and headed to the kitchen to make a kickin' breakfast. 

I was in charge of the toast.  I carefully took three pieces of bread out of the bag and took a hunk of crust- gotta taste test, right?  Then I gingerly put them into the toaster and then tried to figure out how this darned thing works.


Hmmm, if I take a minute out to smile maybe Mommy will put that camera down.  Smile!



Does this thing need something on this side?  I don't think so.


Maybe this side?  Nope, that's not it either.


Phew- just a few knobs and levers in the front and I'm good to go.  I even found time to put cheese in my scrambled eggs.  I'm an awesome chef.


While Mommy did the dishes and cleaned up, I hosted a tea party for my dolls and animals.


 Here is the last seating for the day.  Lucky bear!


 Mr. Moose is very happy to be having tea and toast served by yours truly.


And I am really proud of my party planning skills!  Ta Da!


Mommy grabbed a shower while I hunkered down with all my blankies and animals to read some amazing books.  Mommy- leave me be, please.  We're busy readin'!



Where's Waldo?  I mean Samantha.  Can you find me under all those blankies?


After looking at the clock and realizing we were a solid thirty minutes behind schedule we high-tailed it to the shore to visit with Connor and John at the petting zoo. We started off petting week old duckies.  Super soft!

Then we headed to the baby bunnies and Mommy scooped one up just for my petting pleasure. She used to have a pet bunny and she's an expert bunny holder.  And it turns out that I'm an expert bunny petter!

Then we moved onto the potbellied pigs. These here one is about one week away from having piglets and her fur is really scratchy!  Of course I touched her, I'm Farmer Samantha.


This piglet got fresh with Mommy and ended up in the pig house.

 Mommy fell down on picture duty since the animals were too close for her comfort to let me run toddler wild.  Here's one of me smiling, but no hair. What's up with that?



A big thanks to Connor and John's Daddy for taking a picture of us!



Eh, seen one piglet, touched 'em all.

Even this here donkey is old hat after a solid hour of seeing all sorts of animals and even milking a cow.  Yep, a real cow milker I am!


I don't want to go home yet!  Thankfully there was one more surprise up their sleeves- a real life hayride and it rocked!  We got there a little bit early so Connor and I danced on the tractor wagon part.  We're great dancers!



Then is it was sleep sleep time.  Then it was playtime again. Yay!  Off to the park we don't normally hang out it.  It has a super big slide and such for the  bigger kids and those toddlers (like me) who fancy themselves bigger than they really are.



Bounce, bounce!



Mommy forgot my water bottle so she shared hers while we walked the loop. We even got to tour a lovely garden that will be part of the Mayberry garden tour next month. It was there that Mommy looked down and saw me swimming in water. Off went my shirt, but then I looked too naked for public.  She whipped out a spare bib and modesty was preserved another day.



You think I look silly?  So do I!


When we got home we saw the hay being bundled up across the way so we headed over to meet the neighbor farmers.  We live in a town with super great people.  I love Mayberry!

No comments: