Saturday, May 08, 2010

My Peeps

So, Mommy ditched me this morning to check out a private, members only breakfast place in New Hope, PA.  Daddy and I decided to rival her outing with much gardening and fun as possible.  

After a restful nap, I headed off to Kayleigh's rockin' house for an amazingly fun playdate.  I always have a blast with Kayleigh and Peter and today did not disappoint.

We swung on the swings, climbed the jungle gym, wore a trail on the slides and went to the creek.  It was at the creek that I learned the word 'splash' as we threw stones into the water and Kayleigh's Daddy threw big rocks for our entertainment.

Here we are figuring the right 'physics' approach to achieve the most bounce possible for three toddlers who each weigh no more than 26 pounds a piece.  Kayleigh figured out that getting higher up would cause Peter and me to bounce up to the moon.


Ready, Set, Go!-- Notice Peter playing it cool for the camera.



Me?  I'm totally not the 'cool as a cucumber' type and I laughed and laughed like a silly goose.


Some would say that I didn't stop the whole afternoon. Here I am after thinking that putting a chair on the couch was totally rockin'



That is until I went a tumblin'!


So, like a toddler who learns from her tumbles, I totally moved onto the push toy.  Complete with a chocolate chip cookie for sustenance. Did I mention that Kayleigh's Daddy is an amazing chef and prepared the bestest snacks I've ever had on a playdate or in a restaurant!   Here is teamwork in action- Kayleigh is such a good friend.  We all had to practice that thing parents call 'sharing'. While we're not the best of it, we certainly adore each other and don't mean to take one another's toys.



Maybe I should stick with the cookies! Chocolate is a good look for me, don'tcha think?

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Samantha, Glad you had so much fun at our house! We can't wait to play with you and Peter again and giggle some more!