Saturday, May 14, 2011

The Day Chrissy's World Changed

It had to happen sometime.  With me, they waited until I was a whole eight months.  With Chrissy, they barely made it three months.  They up and declared a kid-free vacation.  Same as last time, they called in reinforcements with a sob story that they just wanted to get away to sleep and relax.  Reinforcements and I sure don't buy that, but we love to hang out so we pretend to go along with their reasoning. So, that's how Mommy and Daddy decided to go to the Bahamas for five days and AH and UB left cozy Arizona to stay with Chrissy and me in Mayberry.

I flatter myself as the child of a seasoned traveler. That makes me a seasoned ditchee.  I am a big girl and know how to buck up when Daddy leaves me to go on an airplane.  Chrissy knows that Daddy leaves us to go on business trips but she has never known Mommy to up and leave her.  This time was different and even Chrissy knew something was different.  Yesterday, she was super nice and happy and let anyone hold her.  Today? Boy, she sure didn't want Mommy to go. Every time someone shoved a bottle in her mouth she flipped out.  Every time she saw Mommy she scowled in her direction.  For being a baby, she sure has 'tude.
The perk for me?  They were so worried about my baby sister that I got to watch lots of extra tv and play.  I had an art project party with my cabbage patch doll and even put her in Chrissy's bumbo.

And I took a few liberties with my green crayon and my chair.

This here beauty earned me a time out.
Artists never create in a clutter-free environment.
Rose colored shades are just what I need. Pants?  Not so much.

AH was great with Chrissy.  Chrissy was just sad about Mommy.  Chrissy does not like bottles.  I don't get it.  I refused to nurse, she loves it.  I loved nuks and she refuses them.  Are we really sisters?
You really like my wearable art project?  Thanks!
Here Chrissy, you wear my happy glasses.  They will make you happy, too!
Daddy and I made a special calendar that would help me count down the days until Mommy and Daddy come back from vacation to see us.
Wowsers, those are sure a lot of days!
Wish us luck with Chrissy.  Tomorrow, when we wake up, Mommy and Daddy will be gone.

No comments: