Friday, July 03, 2009

Mute Button-Missing

Mommy has been trying to keep me quiet in the mornings while Daddy attempts to sleep in and rest his knee. She and I get up early in the morning courtesy of my internal alarm clock.

We go downstairs for breakfast and she makes herself coffee. I love the smell and often try to swig from the coffee mug. 'Hot' means nothing to me and she has since given up on that life lesson.

After she finished her coffee this morning she let me play with the empty coffee mug. Boy, am I one lucky duck! She hoped it would keep me quiet for a bit longer. Oops!














Because Daddy has so many business trips, I've become a great phone talker and totally know how it works. I hold the receiver up to the phone and talk, then I wait for Daddy to talk back. I'm a pro!

Daddy did this really mean trick to me. He would sit on the other side of the room and call Mommy's phone. He knows that I'm not strong enough to open the phone and hit the 'on' button. Silly, Daddy!

Here I am practicing the best I can with my little fingers. Eh? (My version of 'hello')

Hmmm, it's not working because no one is responding to me. What's wrong with this thing?


I know which end to talk into but feel like no one is on the other side!


Finally, Daddy takes pity on me and helps the baby out. Thanks, Daddy!

Oh, and lest you think he is the most super nicest guy in the world. I have something to tell you! Mean trick of the day #2 is that he takes a battery out of the television remotes so I can't change the channels. I need to dig deep into my noggin and come up with a way to get his trickery self back! Any suggestions?

It was kind of a rough afternoon, so the tricks were tossed aside and loving Daddy made an appearance. He was much appreciated!

Show me how the phone works again, Daddy. It's scary for a baby to master all alone.

Hugs.


Just what the doctor ordered.

Do I hear toys over there?

All better, thanks Daddy!

No comments: