Sunday, July 26, 2009

A Place For Everything, Samantha Style

As you can imagine, I struggle between being a Daddy-follower and a Mommy-follower. Being a planner and focused is pretty cool because a plan is easy to follow and comforting to see the progress being made. On the other hand, Mommy sure has a way of getting things done while appearing to be TOTALLY scatterbrained. How does she do it?



Today was all about scrapping that super sticky wallpaper from Mommy and Daddy's bedroom. Boy, let me tell you that after 27 years it was not receptive to its new home in the trash bin. Daddy took the lions share of the grunt work while Mommy and I played. Here we are with the scraps of wallpaper that Daddy so diligently removed from the walls.


Maybe I overdid it a bit with all the playing. Nap time! In the kitchen? What's a baby to do without her crib? Head to the kitchen, of course.


While Mommy took her turn with the wallpaper Daddy and I played in the 5th bedroom, also known as the non-bedroom, also known as the room above the attached garage. And you wonder why I end up with so many bumps and bruises- Daddy and I play rough, and I love it. Whack!

So, by now you might be wondering about the blog post's title. Well, since I've turned one I've decided it's high time to put order in our little family. Yes, folks, this task is up to me. So, I've diligently been finding a home for everything.
Fridge Farm Animal magnets? They belong under the dishwasher.
Bathroom drinking cups? They belong IN the toliet.
Cheerios? Well, they go in my LeapFrog Learn & Groove Musical Table, in kitty cat's water dish, and countless other places.
Stuff in the kitchen cabinets? On the floor, of course.
With this short list describing my quest for orderliness, you can imagine how many of the conversations go at home. "Samantha, no, honey" or "Samantha, let's put [fill in the blank] here instead" with "Jeff, we need to child-proof our new house stat!".

Well, back to our day. By now I'd just about had it at the new house and was itching to go back to our old home and play with my other toys. So, Mommy and I, with my beautiful shirt and skirt combination, hopped in the car and drove off into the sunset.
At our old home, I found the situation totally unacceptable. My lipstick wasn't in it's proper storage spot. Here I am putting it away. Where is my arm? Why, it's inside Daddy's stereo speaker- the lipstick's holding place, of course!

Brilliant, I tell you. Now my lipstick will never get lost!



Seriously, can you imagine Mommy and Daddy before Samantha? I sure can't!


Time to move onto my gumball machine. Daddy turned their Tylenol with Codeine prescription bottles into a shaker with rocks inside. Thank goodness Mommy and Daddy both had surgeries this year and were kind enough to donate their prescription bottles to my toy collection!


Mommy used my self-directed cleaning block of time to make some dinner. The nerve! So, I decided that it was high time to help Mommy set the table for dinner. My old sippy cup certainly doesn't belong on the table. Where's Mommy? Not close enough. Guess I'll just move it myself. That is if I can reach the sucker.


Yes, Mommy? Am I causing trouble? No, Mommy. I'm being helpful!



Okay, no more dining room table assistance. On to kitty cat's water dish. Quality control tester, Samantha Burt, at your service!



Placemat? Better suited on the floor, if you ask me.


After such a long, adventure-filled weekend it was winding down time. Thank goodness for Mr. Goose to snuggle with.


Off to bathtime and then bottle time and BED TIME. See you on the flip side!

No comments: