Wednesday, October 02, 2013

Count Samantha?

I wasn't there, but we know people who were and wanted to have a reminder of the government shut down that is affecting so many people we know and love.

Inside the halls of the Senate building.  Wow!


So, when I got home from school today I ran upstairs and got into my swim suit for lessons and also put my own twist on my outfit. Cute, right?  Mrs. Adams, Miss Tully and Mrs. Herzig sent home Halloween goody bags for us and they are already a huge hit in our house!

Then Mommy and I went to get Christina and I checked in for swim lessons.  Yes, I checked in.  For the last two years, I have had to check in myself.  As the grownups gather to watch me shout my name as loud as I can so the person behind the counter that I can't see because I'm only five and the counter is made for people Daddy's size. After I shout my name, they look at Mommy who then looks at me.  She won't help them.  So then I spell my name and tell them I'm here for a swim lesson with Mr. Ahmed. And they look around and say I can go now.  That means they didn't do anything because then I have to remind that I need a ticket and then they really type stuff into the computer and hand me a ticket. I'm glad Mommy won't help me. I need to know how to do this stuff when I'm older so I like learning now when she is there to squeeze my hand for support.

And Christina and I support each other with a sister stroll to swim lessons.
Christina loves to watch me swim!
Check out the world's biggest bug bites.  I'm a bug magnet. Argh!

When I started to play on Mommy's iPhone I launched Angry Birds and Mommy was shocked. She asked me how I even know what Angry Birds is.  "Ha!" I told her.  "Daddy let's me play it on his phone!"

Oh, and the Panda Cam at the National Zoo is dark because of the government shut down.  Seriously?

No comments: