Monday, November 17, 2008

Cats Out of the Bag

For those of you who read the scant comments on my blog, you already know that my surprise visitor is Grandpa Burt! I have two things to say about this: First, Woo-Hoo for Grandpa Burt braving the center seat on his airplane ride from California just to visit me; and Second, why don't more people comment on my blog? I know you're reading it because many of you send emails to Mommy, which she in turn reads to me over our morning milk and coffee (half caf/half decaf, thank you very much) breakfasts.

Grandpa Burt got a last minute flight to see us Saturday. Before his flight arrived, Mommy and I took a quick power nap and Daddy captured the moment beautifully.


Then Daddy brought Grandpa Burt home from the airport. We had some great Daddy, Grandpa and Me time. Of course I was the center of attention.



Look- it's a burp/drool cloth on the head. Simple tricks really impress grandparents!


Sunday morning was a bit hectic because Daddy had to leave the house at 9am for his flight to Dallas. I helped him pack and, when he wasn't looking, slipped him one of my prized Nuks. Sure hope it helps him get through his long nights on the road.
Here's a quick Burt, Burt and Burt pose before sending Daddy on his way.



Here's another where Grandpa and I are in the middle of our now traditional Burt vs Burt staring contest.



Bye Daddy! Hello fun time with Grandpa Burt! We read books, did an indoor neighborhood watch that I am hereby referring to as baby patrol. Gotta keep tabs on the kitty cat....
We headed off to Sugar + Sunshine to introduce Grandpa Burt to the local cupcakes and ginger cookies. Then, we went to Howell Living History Farm. It was so cool to see the animals. Figuratively and Literally 'cool'. Since it was about 40 degrees outside and Mommy was too lazy to put a coat on me, she wrapped it around my head and said we weren't going to take any pictures posing by the animals.

Here I am in the horse stable with my super comfy jacket wrapped turban style around my head. Can you see me under that cotton candy colored comfy?



I fell asleep on the car ride home, so Mommy went the long way back to our house. For those of you who watch The Hills, you may know that Southern California has really cool clubs and restaurants. What do they lack, you say? A QuickChek! Yes, that's right. We HAD to swing by one on the way home and boy, was Grandpa Burt impressed with the coffee and cream selection. Woot! New tradition right here.
We came home and I practiced my colors by separating the black hairs from the gray. Yep, it sure took a long time.




Then it was off to bed to rest up for Monday's adventures.
Monday fun included a trip to the mall. We saw lots of pretty Christmas decorations. And, of course we made a trip to QuickChek again! Back home we snuck in another glorious nap while Grandpa explored the neighborhood.
He's so good at baby patrol, what will I do when he's gone? Sure hope the house it safe without my rounds. Come back anytime!






No comments: