Thursday, November 27, 2008

Day of Thanks

Boy, what a great idea to have a special day each year to celebrate and reflect on all that I am thankful for. I thought I'd write down a quick list so I'd have it to remind me when I'm feeling a bit down, you know, like when I'm teething or getting shots.

  • My Daddy
  • The inventor of bibs because without them I strongly suspect my parents would have traded me in for a goldfish
  • My Daddy
  • The Purell people
  • Whoever came up with the idea of nighttime diapers- Thanks Huggies!
  • My Daddy for sacrificing time with me to work super hard and allow Mommy to stay home and play with me
  • Family and friends who have been so thoughtful and generous with their time, advice, gifts and hard labor
  • The inventor of the breast pump and a neurotic mommy who has pumped exclusively since I was three weeks old and became extremely stubborn that nursing is for the birds
  • Pink baby clothes so approaching strangers know I'm a girl
  • All the great people who take time to read my famously boring document of my life as a drooler.
  • The great three people who actually post comments on my blog. Post people, post!

Grandma Carol, Grandpa Frank and Uncle Travis braved Rte 95, traveling from Northern Virginia to spend Turkey Day with me. I am so lucky!

Daddy planned and cooked the entire meal, except for the lousy gravy Mommy made. He even cleaned up afterwards while Mommy sat on her duff eating ice cream and watching tv. Thanks for taking care of us Daddy!

Here I am with Grandma and Grandpa. It's about 40 degrees outside and Mommy forgot my pants. Yikes!


Here is my first picture with Uncle Travis, the great dodger of photographs. Gotcha!


Oh, and check out the Pimpin' Presidents magnets on the refrigerator. We are missing the one of GW Bush. If you mistakenly swiped it during one of your visits, please mail it back to me COD. Thanks!

Belly's all full and I'm a happy camper.




Here's a family shot. Oops, Mommy and Daddy think this will be our holiday card picture, so you can't see it until then!

1 comment:

deevahgrl said...

That's quite an engaging smile...for Thanksgiving 2009 you should remember to add "teeth for my smiley pictures".