Friday, November 14, 2008

Sailor in the House

Not me. Mommy. Feel free to weigh in if you think she was in the right.

For the last three months I've been going to sleep between 7 and 7:30 and waking up between 6:30 and 8am, give or take. This took into account the middle of night feeding and no nighttime feeding.

Since last week when I learned to consistently roll from my back to my tummy, I find myself rolling over in the wee hours of the morning and panic because I haven't quite figured out how to roll from tummy to back consistently. So, I cry and can't go back to sleep.

For the past two days I've woken us up at 5am. Daddy's out of town, so it's just Mommy, kitty and me. Only Mommy has issues with this wake up time and she's been quite vocal about it.

I've learned words and phrases that I'm sure are on the 'do not use' list in many households across the nation. I hope I forget them before I learn how to talk or I'll be banned from play dates for sure.

I haven't decided if I need less sleep or just need to roll back over. I'll keep you posted.

Meanwhile, Mommy decided that we should run out for coffee at QuickChek. Daddy would be embarrassed to know that we were both in pajamas and only one of us could pull it off.

We came back and played for an hour and I'm now resting peacefully on my tummy. We'll see how long that lasts. Then, it's off to Friday's group.

We got some great video of me yapping. Postings of pictures and video later today.

Update: My morning nap was three hours and Mommy slept for two hours. Peace restored at the Krempa-Burts! Oh, I should mention that Mommy's last name is Krempa and Daddy's and my last name is Burt. Two against one, but out of respect to the Mommy person we've decided that the blog and references to our household will reflect the hyphenated name that exists no where else in print because truthfully it sounds like a Muppet character. Seriously, say it outloud three times fast and you'll agree.

We were super late to Friday group, but man did we arrive well-rested and content. We surprised the mommies with homemade marshmallows and sour cream walnuts- hope they enjoyed them! Here are some great shots from today's small but fun group.

Here we are, ladies in the house. Note my shameless Daddy plug. I miss you!




Anna is so sweet. Kisses!




I'm ready for our next outing. Off to lunch. Table for three please. Lady Bug, Mallory the Monkey and me. Mommy can sit with the other Mommies at another table.

2 comments:

deevahgrl said...

I'm so glad you let Mommy take those nice pictures of you! You seem very cooperative.

(Hint: Cooperative means "pushover" once you get older...remember that!)

Anonymous said...

Today is Monday,November 16, 2008. I arrived for a brief visit with my one and only grand child on Saturday, November 14. During the short visit, Samantha has become accustomed to my face and silly comments and songs. She is very good natured and loves to take walks and explore the environs of the downstairs living area.

On our last walk to the front of the house to look outside, we saw the heaps of leaves gathering on the front lawn. Samantha looked questioningly at me, as to say, I wonder if my dad is responsible for raking the leaves.

The visit has been very exciting and sentimental. Vanessa is a super mom and Jeff a great daddy. What a pleasure it has been to see and visit Samantha.

Looking forward to Vanessa, Jeff, and Samantha visiting for Christmas 2008. Grandma and grandpa Burt are already making preparations.