Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Flexibility? Ha!

Yep, Daddy and Me time was the name of the weekend so Mommy could run errands and remember what it feels like to be a grown-up. Daddy and Me time means no pictures and no stories to share.

Yesterday we went to a yoga class with the Friday Mommy and Me group. Sarala's daddy is a master yoga person and gave us a private class. Mommy asked him to go easy in this first class because she is as inflexible as a senior citizen. I gave her a stern look for being so rude to senior citizens. Mommy is disaster!

Zsuzsi's Mommy graciously hosted the event and before class started we took a tour of their amazing house. Zsuzsi's Daddy is an amazing photographer and his work decorates every wall. If I were a bit stronger, I would have been a klepto and taken one of the smaller prints right off the walls when no one was looking and put it in my nursery. If you want to check out his amazing work, go to http://www.andrewlmoore.com/


The class started off well enough because all of my friends were there and I liked listening to the yoga master talk in a super soothing voice. Then I realized that Mommy was ignoring me. Shame! She moved onto the kids mat and then I started getting beat up by the other kids. I'm not kidding. I had my toys taken from me and was kicked in the head. I know none of it was intentional, but yikes! I need to learn to move around more so I can keep up with the older kids who are more mobile than I am.


Here Sarala and Anna are catching up on their weekend activities.



Here is Zsuzsi sleeping while her Mommy starts a pose. Zsuzsi is resting up so she can do her own poses. Watch out!



Anna is in the background way more interested in her Mommy than us! Here Sarala and I are practicing the concept of sharing.



Zsuzsi poses! Look at that downward dog!


After class, Zsuzsi's Mommy let their doggie out of the bedroom and what a cutie Buksi (pronounced Book-shee) is! She is a little yorksire terrier and is super friendly. And, guess what? She speaks Hugarian as her first language! How cool is that? Although I did hear the English commands, "sit, stay" and the like, I swear I heard Zsuzsi's Mommy interject a stern, "Gyere ki azonnal a Samantha ulesebol!" I think that means 'get out of Samantha's car seat right away' in English. I'm so glad to have friends who speak different languages. I hope I learn some more Hungarian from Zsuzsi and her Mommy. Next play date!

This morning Mommy captured my 'Ice, Ice, Baby' impression. Look at my hair- It's Vanilla Ice!


Tonight it's off to Aunt Kathleen's for some dinner (complete with Sugar + Sunshine cupcakes!) and then tomorrow it's yet another round of shots. Hib and Prevnar this time. At least Daddy will be able to go with me because he has a vacation day. Yippee!

No comments: