Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Teething and Socializing- Not a Perfect Pair

Last night we took a field trip to visit Aunt Kathleen and Uncle Mike for dinner. Uncle Mike is an amazing cook and has a special talent for catering to the high maintenance. Yep, that's right. My Mommy is high maintenance. Who else would request meat cooked without lines? But that's another post, back to the fun stuff.



I love to visit Aunt Kathleen, she always welcomes me with open arms! This time she even surprised me with a beautiful, super soft and comfy sweater and matching hat. I love them and since they're pink, everyone will know I'm a girl. Score!


Aunt Kathleen has a great way with us babies. She doesn't mind when I drool all over her. What a great aunt! You'll have to pardon my facial expression, Mommy forgot to take my second shirt off before we arrived and I'm a bit embarassed about my attire.




Aunt Kathleen noticed I was teething because I was chomping on any body part that crossed my path. She kindly lent me a linen napkin and, boy, was I a happy camper! The texture was just right to soothe my sore gums. No teeth are a comin' through yet, but they're working on it.

Mommy and Daddy were a bit embarassed by the napkins (yes, plural) becoming drenched with 100% Burt drool, but Aunt Kathleen is a gracious hostess and ignored my social indescretions.



Here I am taking a break from chomping on Daddy's napkin covered finger. Only one of us is happy about that!



Here is a rare Krempa-Burt shot. What's not rare is that I'm looking longingly off camera at an older man, in this case, Uncle Mike.



No steaks or wine for me. Bottle time. Don't help me. I'm a big girl or at least bigger than my bottle!


Time for a burp. Careful Mommy. You look like you're about to whack a year's worth of burps out of me!

After the napkin incindents, Aunt Kathleen very kindly donated a few of them to my teething toy collection. Thank you!
Mommy then gave me another bottle and I said my good-nights and nodded off by the fire place. Like Daddy, I love fires! I had no trouble sleeping in a new place and Mommy and Daddy bragged that they have a 'touch' for putting me to sleep. Get real- I go to sleep when I'm good and ready and not a minute before!
Here are my parents basking in the glow of a Samantha-free moment. Must be the amazing wine that is making them look so happy because I'm sure they're all broken up to be without me by their side!





We had so much fun visiting with Aunt Kathleen and Uncle Mike. We can't wait for our next visit with them!

No comments: