Friday, November 07, 2008

Proceed With Caution

Warning, boring post ahead. I've gotten a few questions about my sleeping habits and such and realized that I needed to clear up some confusion.

Ever since the great Deep Fried Oreo escapade I've been sleeping through the night without waking up for feedings. I typically go to sleep around 7pm and try to sleep until 6:30am. A bit earlier if Daddy is sneaking off to work. Gotta get my "Daddy kisses" fix in before I can officially start the day!

Another related change is that I was blowing out my diaper from going almost 12 hours at a pop. Thank goodness Aunt Brenda suggested Huggies overnight diapers. Between that and the Mustela diaper cream, my slumber has been smooth sailing.

Napping is getting to be an issue because I find myself on my belly and not sure how to get back to my back or side. After lots of crying Mommy or Daddy will come rescue me. Minutes later- the same thing. I'm starting to think I'm a belly addict who also happens to fear being on my belly. Go figure.

My parents need to buy stock in the Mustela company. I am a huge fan of their facial wipes and swear that these wipes are the reason I smell like a baby and not like spoiled milk. Oh, and they cleared up my baby acne practically overnight.

Nope, Mommy doesn't bother to comb my hair after baths. She says it's a waste of time and I have to agree.

I love to growl with lots of 'ggrrrrr'ing these days. Especially when I'm taking a bottle. I'm not mad or anything, just trying to find my inner voice.

I now love to read and find that a few good books a day is just what the doctor ordered. Mommy likes to put three in front of me so I can choose which one to read, but in reality we end up reading all three. She thinks she's giving me choices, but really I've outsmarted her and get to enjoy three great books!

She continues this crazy notion of sign language while talking to me. The words in current rotation are:
milk/bottle
diaper time
more
book
bed
field trip AKA car trip
rhinoceros, for reading Moo, Ba, La La La of course!

And, no I haven't thrown her a bone by responding to any of these crazy hand movements.

Why no pictures today? Because Mommy was so busy taking pictures of other babies at group that she forgot to take any of me. Unbelievable!

No comments: