Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Bee Bo-Bonus Blurb

Remember me telling you that I owed you a story about my hospital stay. Well, sit tight because this one is a doozy.....

In order to take my blood they had to try a number of things that were a bit unconventional- pre operative sedative, lidocaine cream and hot packs. I sure looked like I was headed somewhere more serious instead of a routine blood draw. But, I had been branded a 'tough stick' and such measures were necessary. The CHOP doctor was well versed in kiddos like me and used to drawing blood on peds in the ER. They brought me to the 'treatment' room and Mommy waited in my room.

The gist of the story is that later when we were talking about what was wrong with me (turns out nothing is) Mommy mentioned arthritis and the doctor shot her down big time. Why you ask? The doctor said I have some of the best fine motor skills of any toddler at my age. Diagnosis made when, while the needle was in my arm trying to get blood, I wiggled said arm out of the straight jacket and tugged on the string of the doctor's pants, causing them to drop and went in search of her belly button. The doctor was less than thrilled that her cell phone and pager weighed down her unsecured pants!

The long story short of the hospital stay is that I'm one healthy kid with with an even healthier dose of bad luck to get so many ear infections.

No comments: