Thursday, December 31, 2009

Totally Toddlers

So, yesterday was a total bust with splitting time between toddlers and infants. So, in the interest of avoiding a total nervous breakdown, I am cutting off infants for good. I woke up early this morning and braced myself for the day. Mommy and I watched old school Sesame Street and munched on Cheerios. Then we headed to Dunkin Donuts and bid 2009 goodbye with celebratory munchkins before facing the music at school. Transition this morning wasn't so hot as I walked down the long corridor to toddlers, which passes in front of the infant room. Yes, I have no pride whatsoever and totally threw myself to the ground and screamed bloody murder for the infant caregivers to take pity on me. They didn't and I ended up screaming in the toddler room. Mommy left and I eventually calmed down about 90 minutes later.

I did much better after that. Mommy picked me up and I embraced my delay tactics, as normal procedure this week. We saw Miss Vanessa who asked how I was doing. The conversation went a bit like this.

Mommy: "You didn't hear?'"
Miss Vanessa: "I'm not sure what you're talking about".
Mommy: "Samantha moved up to toddlers and had a lot to say about it"
Miss Vanessa: :Oh, then I did hear her. About 8:30, right? Boy, transition is tough!"

No comments: