Thursday, December 24, 2009

Just As Christmas Eve Should Be

Daddy got up super early to pick up my birthday present at Toys R Us that was on hold for us. It's a long story that isn't too exciting and ends with Mommy promising never to participate in the Black Friday frenzy again.

He came back to find us hanging out with Mommy's dear friend and former roommate, Lucinda. She was the coolest person ever. She stayed away from me and let me get comfortable with her before she even talked or looked at me. Her reward at the end of the day? A certified Samantha hug! I even let her pick me up so we could adore Roger together. More on that milestone later....

Lucinda just loved me, but then again who doesn't? We played lots and lots of chicken dance Elmo. I danced the chicken dance, a lot. Enough said!

Lucinda laughed when I refused to give Mommy kisses. I refuse kisses so much that it's become a family joke. I'm not kidding!

When it was time for sleep sleep, Mommy and Lucinda ditched me for a big girl's lunch out. When they came back I was well rested and we all went down in the basement only to find the surprise of my life. Apparently, we are continuing the tradition of one family present on Christmas Eve. And this one is a doozy. A bouncy house of my very own. This is seriously amazing! Mommy, Daddy, Lucinda and I had an absolute blast. I sure wish Lucinda didn't live so far away. Even when I go to California to visit with Daddy's family it's still super far from the elusive 'Bay Area'. Though I did hear talk about a special trip to visit the Bay Area for more Lucinda time. Yay!

Enough jabbering, welcome to my very own bouncy house!

Only those wanting to have lots and lots of fun can enter!
I plum wore myself out and Mommy thought I was going to be a mess visiting with Santa later tonight, but I powered through like a champ. After dinner it was Christmas Eve, part 2!

Over to Bridget's house for Christmas Eve with Santa. We all knew how it was going to go and I exceeded expectations all around. Did I scream when placed in Santa's lap? Absolutely. Did I let a girl I don't know pick me up? Absolutely. Did I panic when another kiddo climbed in Mommy's lap? Nope. I rock all around!

Here I am getting warmed up to the mass of super nice people swarming around the tasty food. I threw on a pathetic face and pigs in a blanket magically appeared before me. Yay for working the crowd!


No time picture posing, Mommy. Someone might snag my tasty treats- these things are super addictive!


Huge milestone alert- a super nice girl I've never met just reached down and scooped me off the floor and right into her lap. I was so surprised I didn't even know how to react, and then I realized I liked being social. What a weird, yet cool feeling!



And we break from the festivities to pose for a Daddy and me moment. I'm still thinking about how to score more pigs in a blanket....



Santa comes to Bridget's house every Christmas Eve. Mommy and Daddy have been part of the festivities since before I was born. (Really, there was life before me?) and are excited to have me join in the tradition. Of course, I'm not as comfortable with men in red suits as the other kids. I just might need another year or two before really understanding that this is the man with the toy connections. So, sit back and watch a short video on everyone else paying close attention to Santa while I do everything but.


And the big moment was upon us before I realized what was happening. Yeppers, my time with Santa.

Went better than expected!


And then got worse....


I calmed down the second I was back in Mommy's arms. Daddy further distracted me by handing me a gift from Bridget and family.


And I promptly fell in love with the dolly, stroller, noise making combination. Thanks!


Daddy got such a kick out of watching me walk around with cream cheese bread. Apparently I take after Mommy and make messes wherever I go. Thank goodness Torrie followed me around to 'clean up' my crumbs. She's my hero and Hansel and Gretel's worse nightmare!


Here I am wandering with food in hand.


And my faithful follower cleaning up after me!


The biggest breakthrough of the evening for Bridget's Mommy? She got Samantha lovin' for the first time in my entire 17 month life! It's a new 'outgoing, carefree' me and I'm lovin' it!

No comments: