Saturday, December 12, 2009

Countdown to Date Night

Can you believe the nerve Mommy has? Trying to wash all my socks at the same time. Thank goodness we do the housekeeping together and I managed to salvage not just one, but TWO dirty socks from the laundry room. Man, are they tasty!

And she just keeps piling it on. Imagine the dirty look she gave me after closing the washing machine door and finding me like this. Of course I dished it right back. These are my socks!
Mommy ditched us to get her annual hair-cut. I'm only slightly exaggerating....This is how I feel about Daddy and me time!
Oh, crappers. I didn't really think that Mommy would just up and get all haircutty for no reason. Melissa's here- that must mean I'm being ditched for the night. I think I remember being ditched this time last year. I sure hope this isn't a trend!

At least I'm starting to like Melissa more. It's not that I don't like her. It's more like when she's here Mommy and Daddy aren't. Anyways, we're making progress. Here we are at snack time.
We played lots of games, including magic carpet ride around the hardwood floor and lots of art fun. Maybe babysitters aren't so bad after all!

If you must know, the folks at Daddy's work totally know I'm a tough babysitting cookie. They have been giving Melissa lots of advice and some of it is plain silly. Imagine her wearing a pony tail to look more like Mommy. I'm too smart for that and, besides, Mommy says that I don't like anyone who's not Mommy no matter what they look like. She says that I'm pissy across the board! I won't tell her so, but there might be a little truth to her assessment of my take on babysitting.

True story, Mommy DVRd lots of episodes of Married With Children in anticipation of this big day and it totally paid off. When I was being pissy, Melissa turned on MWC and I totally calmed down. This baby has a raunchy sense of humor!

No comments: