Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas!

Boy, do I know how to kick off a great Christmas or what? First, you wake the elderly up around 6am (letting them sleep in is a great way to make sure they can keep their stamina while sorting through all the loot!). Then, I quickly put on the super cute outfit that Daddy picked up while on a business trip this fall. It has presents on the front with real bows. Super cute! Finally, while Daddy is whipping up a great batch of whole wheat french toast with a side of turkey bacon, play some good ol' fashion chicken dance. This has got to be the greatest toy since sliced bread!

Once bellies were sufficiently stuffed, it was time for the big dig into presents galore. I started my dancing on my new alphabet and numbers mat. Gotta loosen up the joints before hunkering down with gusto.

Great-Grandma Pat's stuffed dog was my first present and it's been my constant companion ever since!


This gift giving and receiving concept is the greatest thing ever!



This doggie is bigger than I am!


And makes the greatest chair for opening the rest of the gifts. Onward!


And here is where the morning came to a screaching halt. After opening the puppy dog, markers and crayons we took an extended break of a few hours so I could squeeze art into the day. Thank goodness it was a family affair or I would have offended a great number of extremely thoughtful people.


Okay, back from hiatus. Onto personalized backpack time!



And Samantha sized musical instruments!


The holiday wasn't all about me, so I wanted to include a picture of Daddy with the present I gave him- a garden gnome! You see, Daddy's new hobby is gardening so he's been planning our attack on the back corner of our yard. Mommy later surprised us with a joint gift- Samantha's first gardening set complete with a Samantha sized wheelbarrow and gardening tools. I'm sensing lots of great bonding moments ahead this spring.



Here I am with the Little People airplane. Awesome!


And, we took another break so I could check out the house. I like to take inventory of every drawer and cabinet in the house. I spice things up by moving items from one place to another. Keeps things interesting, if you want to know my take on it. And to think Daddy is trying to keep the house clean for his parent's visit in January. Ha!


Here is how our family Christmas craft project turned out. Super cute, I think!


Back to the crime scene investigation.....


And I found it. The pencil- super sharp and not meant for me. Check!


And promptly threw a fit when Mommy took my prize possession away.



And continued my fit of dispair when my initial efforts yielded little empathy.

I was quickly wooed with a walk in Mayberry. Life's lookin' up!
When it's just us, I'm super independent and happy. Check me out.
Well, come on you slow pokes!
Ah, this Christmas thing was so great, I think I need to let Santa know he and his elves did a great job. I'm going to make sure I'm super good and nice to everyone all year long so I can wake up next Christmas without fearing the dreaded coal. Quite a lofty goal for a toddler entering the terrible twos, but I think I'm up for the task!
Merry Christmas to all and a big hug from me to you for all the love and support you've given me this year. It's been quite a ride and I'm glad to have shared it with you!

No comments: