Saturday, December 26, 2009

Post Christmas- The Fun Times Keep Rolling

We kicked off the morning with a quick loop around the first floor. I just love larger than life stuffed animals!



Speaking of larger than me items, check out this super cool easel that I received. I couldn't imagine a gift more in tune with my inner artistic self. Just look at the way I command that red marker over the paper. I outstretch naturally and end up with a masterpiece before my very eyes. True talent!
And we're back to my super awesome fine motor skills. Look at the way I can put the top back on the marker. Truth be told that is a large part of the time spent on 'art' these days. Uncapping and recapping markers seems to be my thing these days.

Beauty in motion!


Oh, boy this is when the morning really got fun. Daddy got all technical and scientific on Mommy over a gingerbread house when all she wanted to do was, direct quote, 'wing it'. What's Switzerland supposed to do in a situation like this?


Well, I couldn't stay impartial for long. Daddy was so gosh darned serious over frosting that I had to make silly faces to distract him!


It worked, he loosened up and prepared to blame Mommy for all housing shortcomings that were no doubt coming our way.


Finally the house was contructed and needed a helping hand from artsy-fartsy Samantha. Look, look- Samantha to the rescue. Looks better already!




Did I really just get photo busted eating the frosting glue? This is worse than the redlight cameras in intersections- hope there's no fine for making a house structurally unsafe.....


No time for posing, Daddy. I've got a work in progress!


This here glue is super sweet and tasty!



I think you may have seen the super long seven minute video of the leaning tower of gingerbread, so we'll skip ahead to the aftermath. Cleaning up the frosting glue. I volunteer! Gotta learn me some values!


Yeppers. Still learning those values! Can you see the red marker spots from the earlier art projects. Thank goodness for washable ink.


Turns out Daddy snuck in some art time of his own...


After a super eventful day it was time for bed. Before bed comes story time- my favorite one these days is the colors one. Warning, for those who think Daddy is super serious all the time, he's not! Here he is being all funny.


And more funny goings on!

Really. Between Mommy and Daddy, it's a wonder I'm ever serious!


Thankfully, I wouldn't take my family life any other way!

See, speak no 'evil'.
See no 'evil'.
Really, this time....
Yikes, bed time came out of nowhere. Gotta take my sippy cup for a long walk before settling down for sleep sleep.

No comments: