Saturday, April 03, 2010

Easter Weekend- Hunts Away!

Wowsers- how much fun can three toddlers squeeze into a playdate? Emily, Connor and I were determined to break a NJ record.

We started off with breaking in the toys- better left to the concept of 'divide and conquer'.  See below.


Not only does Connor speak multiple languages, but he also plays musical instruments.  My hero!



After hinting to the parents with our OUTDOOR voices, they got the hint that we wanted to be outside.  This is great- the swing set is big enough for us to all be on different things and still be playing together.



Emily and I got such a kick out of climbing up the steps.  Emily can even do it in a dress.  She rocks ruffles big time!




Follow the leader!


Almost there.



For real, I swear!


Phew- I made it.  Emily, one more step and then you're at the slide!


Take it from it- the climb up Mt. Everest was totally worth it.



Yay for Emily!


Have I ever told you that Em is tall and fearless. What do these two things have to do with each other?  Well, let me tell you- Emily just slid down the slide, meandered over to the rungs, reached up and bam! She turned into a monkey!



She was also a huge fan of the tire swing.



Until she fell right through.  Oh, well.




Since I'm a few months younger and a few inches shorter, I stuck to the steps and slide entertainment.


No help, please.


I think prints make my belly seem smaller, you agree?


After all that amazing physical activity it was time to head in for an amazing brunch - we had super tasty banana muffins, a fantastic fruit salad and a mushroom loaded quiche.  Yummers!

Then the Daddies headed outside to hide the eggs while we dipped into our treat baskets.  What is this spinny thing that lights up?


And fits so perfectly in my mouth.



Super fun!


Outside! Outside!  Can you see all the fun-filled eggs just waiting to jump into our baskets?



And off we go!  Thankfully our parents were there to help us with our first real egg hunt. Ducky was super helpful in my search.



Ha!  Take that green egg on green grass!  I rock egg hunts!



Heavy purses are certainly in my future.  See how well I hold my egg basket?



Pluck!



And drop!



 Can you see handsome Connor in the background? He dominated that part of the lawn and filled his blue basket to the gills.  You are my hero, Connor!

In the forefront, you have us girls rushing the field.



It sure was close, but I dodged her pink basket and scored the orange egg.



Two points!



Must pick up basket and find next egg.



Em rocked this egg in our tussle.  The parents kept spewing this whole sharing thing.  Yah, right.  Em, you rocked it and I'm proud of you!



After so much fun, our toddler selves turned into pumpkins and we all three banded together and demanded naps.  Thanks for a great day and can't wait to see you next year!

Mommy emptied all my egg treats into one bag and let me go to town with my own Samantha trail mix- made up of goldfish, marshmallows, candy, puffs and graham crackers.  After pulling the candy and marshmallows out I hunkered down and chowed through my goodies.  

Got food stuck in my teeth for the first time ever. 




 I finally have enough teeth.  Yay!



Then we headed out for bouncy house, round 2.  This time with Daddy in the house. Literally.



I'm a wild child!


I have no fear!



And even stop to pose for the camera.


Never said that I'd smile though.  Gotcha!


Here I am plotting.  But I won't share about what!


Slip slide!


Blah, blah.  Of course I won't bump my head!



Mommy jumped in and we watched the airplanes pass by.


Then she snookered me into hugs.  Silly Mommy!



Cuddler Samantha- no way!



Slide! Slide!


Saw Addison at school wear her hat backwards.  I think I sport this look quite well, don't you?



Kaleidoscopes are something special.  



Just how do these suckers work?



Why won't the picture stay still?



Is it something I'm doing?



Stay the same.



I mean it!



Fine.  In to my car you go!



And I'll sit on you!



Hmm.  Can you drive with no feet on the ground?  Fred Flintstone has it all wrong- this is the life!



I really need duct tape for these suckers.







No comments: