Friday, April 23, 2010

Friday Night In Mayberry

Mommy picked me up from school and we walked around Mayberry in search of the library. Only we got there THREE minutes before they closed.  I screamed for 2. 5 minutes while Mommy grabbed some magazines and we hightailed it out of there.  To make it up to me she took me to the school playground where I discovered the wonders of the big kids slide.  Mommy let me climb up myself and go down the slide by my lonesome.  The best part?  We high-fived it when I whizzed past her.  Two kids jumped the fence about then and looked at Mommy (reading her magazine while I climbed the stairs- super concerned for my safety, I'm sure) and thought she was a bit weird.  Then they saw me and the about ten year old girl was all like 'aww, that's so cute!!!'.

Mommy said it was time for the big kids to play since they were flinging a basketball down the slides. So we headed for the car, while circling back to the brick walk three whole times.  What is it about threes today?  Anyhoo- we passed the horse rein holder doohicky and then got to the car when I saw heavenly pizza and lots and lots of kids.  I flashed a Samantha smile at Mommy and we decided to celebrate GNO (Daddy's in Boston today) with Mayberry Pizza.  We sat down at a table next to the energetic families and minded our own business until they made some cute comment that required my feedback.  Then, as luck would have it, our other friends came walking by and we all had an impromptu party on Main Street.  Life is awesome!

Came home to find my playroom (living room and dining room) are the prettiest red you've ever seen.  Can't wait to see the progress next week.  Turns out I sure miss the powder room.  Being down a toilet in this house is like the supermarket being out of ice cream. Yikes!

Wanna know how Mommy distracts me these days?  With the promise to take pictures of ourselves.  Don't know what I mean?  Our Mac can take pictures in the 'photo booth' and pictures we take.  Check out my of favorite one of the day.


We snuck in some Bo-Bo (Barney!) and then read umpteen books before I was shipped off to slumberland.  Rumor has it Daddy will be home in the morning and we go for our very first family photo shoot.  Yay!

No comments: