Sunday, July 07, 2013

Beach Bound

We woke up super early and bounced right into the car.  On the car trip, I told everyone in my family how to throw me a surprise birthday breakfast.Everyone gets up early except for me.  Then I come downstairs and am surprised.

I also told jokes to have everyone entertained.
Knock, knock
Who's there?
Pizza
Pizza who?
Pizza needs to be eaten.

I might need a joke book for my birthday.

The car ride went faster than it ever has before and when we got out of the car, we found cousin Lauren!

And Caroline!

Cousins!
Tickle, tickle.
Whatch'a doing?
Tea party?  Yes, please.

Daddy loves to snuggle Caroline.

We called Grandma and Grandpa Burt in California to let them know we were having a good time.

Cheese!



Mommy snuggled Caroline too.  She is a great snuggler.


We made art projects while the Mommies and Daddies got us beach ready. I asked Mommy where the other grownups went and asked if they were locked in cages.  I started to talk about pirate play and Mommy's heart stopped and asked what happened to princess play.  Ack- I'm getting older!

I might have decided that jewelry is as essential as floaties in the beach.

Cheese!


Don't you just want to pinch these precious cheeks?

Lunch at the beach with cousins?  Perfect, just perfect!


Daddy is the best at the beach!
Chrissy is a fantastic runner.


Cheese!

Making a sand castle requires water for the moat.



And a princess

Or three. Check out how cute Christina and Caroline are hanging out in the sand.



Super, super cute!




What a special treat.  Cousin Lauren and I have super close birthdays and we are able to celebrate together this year and even get to enjoy Bent Spoon cupcakes.  Life sure is sweet!

Happy Birthday to us- two special cousins! I am so lucky to get to see my cousins all the way from California!

No comments: