Thursday, January 01, 2009

Amerigo Burt

I traveled last week, discovering a place much different than my home and no town went unexplored. Before I tell you all about it, I must tell you about this very interesting location called "Newark Airport". I have never seen so many people in one place before and the airplanes. Wow!

The flight to California wasn't too bad. There were a bunch of us babies on the flight and we hung out together and said 'hi' to everyone on the plane. Some were less excited than others to see us.


Since it's been awhile since I've posted last, here are a few pictures to keep you going. I'll update the post later this weekend. So, check back for some good stories!



Tuesday
Here we are in sunny San Diego, in their version of 'Old Town'.





Daddy took us to the playground he used to visit in San Diego. Mommy nearly had a heart attack as I picked up some San Diego germs during my inaugural ride on the swings. She was really mad that she left her travel-sized Lysol at Grammy and Grandpa Burt's house.






Here I am on my first trip down the slide and I wasn't scared at all. Woah!



Wednesday

Hello, Great Grandma Wilcock! Doesn't she look great for being a month shy of 95? She doesn't look old enough to be a great grandma!


Thursday

Here is the Christmas tree before I got my grubby paws on the ornaments.




Here is one of my presents. Is it a pail or a hat? Why can't it be both? Oh, yeah, for the record I love tissue paper. Yummy!




The obligatory first Christmas picture.




Friday

Gotta get my Starbucks fix! Really it was Mommy's boring camomile tea that she let me play with.


Daddy, I'm in the middle of a story. Listen to me!


Let's play blocks. You stack and I knock them over. Thanks.




Daddy's turn to stack them. I still knock them over.



Saturday


My first visit with Uncle Bob and a chance to see Aunt Helen again. Let's have lunch.


This is my idea of a great appetizer!


No, Uncle Bob. You don't sit down- walk me around the restaurant!




Can you believe Mommy didn't know the ahi she ordered was raw fish? At least it looks pretty!


Mommy thinks this picture perfectly captures my inquisitive stage.



In Laguna Beach, Mommy and Daddy sharing a rare moment of baby-free bliss.



Here I am with my infamous finger pointing goin' on.


Sunday

Don't leave us Uncle Bob and Aunt Helen! If you have to go, just a quick photo session, please.


I'm pouting a bit about their leaving too soon. So, you'll see me sucking my thumb instead of smiling and enjoying the moment.


Just one more game. Come a little closer, nose and you're all mine....




Here I am with Grammy and Grandpa Burt in front of the tree.



Then it was off to have brunch with Fritz and Serena at their old stomping grounds in Huntington Beach.


Serena had a keen interest in holding me as she and Fritz are expecting. We are so happy for them! Daddy was really excited to learn that the baby is due on his birthday. Cross your fingers!



PS- this was not my first outfit with them. I had a diaper blow out and ended up naked by the water fountain as Mommy and Daddy cleaned me up and put me in this new outfit. No worries- I got all cleaned up and didn't even get arrested for indecent exposure.




We walked the Huntington Beach pier and guess what we saw? My name!





Here I am with Fritz. Can you tell it's me under the hat?



Family shot on the pier.




Monday


Sadly, it was time to take down the Christmas tree. Grammy Burt and I first took all the ornaments down. I carefully inspected each one and, to keep them straight, I drooled on each one that passed by me.





Larry stopped by for some visit time. He told Mommy about the importance of taking children to McDonalds. Boy, do I sure hope she listens to this great advice!













No post would be complete without mentioning my two four-legged cousins that spent quite a bit of time with me.



Here are Malibu and Bella thinking that I'm going to give them food.



We thought we did a great job packing up... Until Grammy Burt sent an email letting Mommy know that her last load of laundry didn't make it out of the dryer and into the suitcase. Oops!

No comments: