Friday, January 23, 2009

Hello Out There

A quick 'hello' from boring land. For those who have been wondering why there has been a lack of blogging lately, it's because we've been anti-social these days. I am trying to postpone suffering through my first cold.

Here's how Friday went.
I woke up still sad that Daddy only waves to me. I'm willing to risk getting a few Daddy sick germs for some hugs and kisses. Mommy is such a spoil sport for putting the kabosh on any physical contact with the sick one. I hopped into my bath so I could get all clean for my lunch date with Miss Kathleen at the tea house. Then I took a nap to rest up and then snuck in some play time.
Before I forget, this picture was taken last night during 'pear' time. From this picture you can see how my finance-oriented parents view me.

Back to Friday's fun. After my nap I was raring to go. Play time was so much fun. Mommy tossed me on the big bed while she got ready for the day. But, she couldn't resist impromptu fun and soon joined in the festivities. Yay for fun!

Boy, I can't wait for some teeth so I stop looking so funny in pictures.


So much fun!




Smack down. Don't mess with a 15 pounder. I'm small, but tough!

I was snacking on another bottle when we got the call that Miss Kathleen was feeling under the weather. Super careful Mommy said, 'see ya next week when you're feeling better'. I am much more of a risk taker than Mommy. I hate to miss out on some fun, but since I can't drive I'm at worrywart's mercy. Bummer!

So, we hopped in the car (50 degrees outside, yay!) and headed to Mommy's office to pick up paperwork. Then we scooted across town to see Bridget and Danny's doggy and return some baby books to their Mommy. I really need a doggy. If you have a spare one hangin' around, could you send 'em over to my house? Don't call first- it will just confuse the situation. Doggies are much better as surprise presents!

We then headed to the coffee shop and to the pharmacy. Daddy is flying to Seattle in the morning and we want him to be feeling his best so the nice pharmacist picked out some medicine to bring home for Daddy.
Then we went home to roast some vegetables for dinner. I'm getting really good at helping in the kitchen. I discovered a cauliflower has similar qualities as a bowling ball, but not as heavy. Here I am trying to roll it off the countertop. Almost there.


We also made some phone calls. I love to talk on the phone!
The phone is a great way to keep in touch with loved ones. It's also a great teether.
Mommy was feeling a little cocky with the recent success with pears. She gave me apples with cherries. Didn't like it. Did she listen when I complained? Nope. My payback, you ask? Yep. Of course I did. I patiently waited twenty minutes for Mommy and Daddy to sit down for dinner and then I vomited all over the dining room table. When will Mommy ever learn?

No comments: