Saturday, January 17, 2009

Encyclopedia Brown For Hire?

It was one of those days. It started out great. Henry came over and we had a great time. We played and even watched a Baby Einstein video. At least he watched it while practicing his walking skills and I watched him having so much fun. Then I took a quick nap and Henry went on his way.

When I woke up Eva came over, so Mommy took me to Market Fair. That's when the day got a little hairy. Mommy and I were in search of tights. You see, I'm no longer allowed to wear socks when out and about because I kick them off and end up sockless and in trouble. We went to three stores before finding the perfect pair. Mommy gave the nice lady her credit card and said, 'No thanks, we don't need a bag. I'll give them to Samantha to hold.' Yep, you can see right here that what happened next was not my fault.


Zsuzsi's mom met us at the mall, but Mommy was taking a work related phone call at the moment. Zsuzsi's mom popped into Baby Gap while Mommy and I walked the mall to finish up the conversation. When Mommy got off the phone we found Zsuzsi's mom and Mommy went fishing in my stroller to show off my new tights. Only they weren't there anymore. You see, I've been practicing my pitching arm and at some point tossed the tights overboard. I couldn't remember where and Mommy was getting a bit pissy at this point. It probably didn't help that I kept laughing my Samantha Madison Burt trademarked 'heh heh heh' and Zsuzsi's mom pointed out how much I was enjoying our little Easter Egg Hunt.
We ended back at the store to purchase a second pair of the same tights. The salesperson tried really hard not to laugh at Mommy, but the effort was in vain. So, after purchasing two pairs of tights we went home with one really expensive pair, a pissy mommy and one happy baby.


Aren't my new tights cute?


Once home Mommy tried to cheer herself up by making chocolate cupcakes. She set me on the butcher block to help and I promptly ate the directions. Literally!


I then snuck both hands into the mixing bowl when she wasn't looking and tried creating art. It didn't go over so well. I had chocolate mix all over my hands, clothes and every surface within reach. The truly observant will catch the obscene amount of drool on my bib and understand why bibs are now a staple in my wardrobe.
I ended up on the changing table so Mommy could put me in chocolate-free clothes. No sooner did she get my socks off did I have some poopies. All over my pants, onesie, back and hair. Yep. Not sure how I managed to create such a mess, but I ended up right in the bathtub for quite some time.
At least one of us had fun today- and I'm glad it was me!


So, if you find yourself in Princeton, NJ and happen upon a pair of striped tights, please send me an email. I'd sure like to remove this from Mommy's 'I remember when...' files.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Zsuzsi says: heh, heh, heh!

Sarah said...

Wow, I love the picture of Sam in the bath! Oh, and those tights seem worth it, they're very cute!