Saturday, January 03, 2009

Saturdays Are For Socializing

But first a quick update on the food situation...

Yummy, real bananas. Mommy got me this mesh teether that lets me eat grown-up food without a side of heimlich maneuver.

Here I am checking out my treat.


Not so bad!

Then I scored when Mommy and Daddy surprised me with a bagel breakfast with Danny, Bridget and their parents. I haven't seen them in so long that they didn't know that I learned how to sit up on my own really well. I'm so glad that I could show off my new skills and catch up with them.

Daddy shared with them that Mommy still sterilizing all the bottles and such. They kindly pointed out that since I put all toys in my mouth that maybe I'm past the point of needing things sterilized. I love this family! I've been thinking this for months now and have been hoping other people would help plead my case.

After bagels it was play time! Here I am showing Bridget my cool toys.


This photo was taken about two seconds after the first when Bridget realized a camera was focused on her. Smile!

They got me a really cool gumball machine for Christmas (as well as some other cool toys that will show up in future post's pictures). Here everyone is trying to show me how the toy works. This stuff is complicated for the hand-eye coordination challenged!

Sadly, they could only stay for a bit and then Mommy tried to con me into a nap. She even gave me my favorite blanket. How do you think the nap idea worked out?


She also gave me oatmeal and we're both not sure if I swallowed any, but there was no puking. Cross your fingers that oatmeal agrees with me.

Mommy also realized that I'm ready for toys that are best given to babies that sit up. I've been sitting up for how long? She's not the sharpest tool in the Burt Family shed!

No comments: